Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-24-2024, 04:31 PM   #16
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
You need to mark it as a personal document and not an ebook.
I had solved this earlier but it is not something I will be doing in the future, given that it is not possible to generate fully functional PR KFX locally. I will use Send To Kindle instead and continue to live life without cover thumbnails for them.

I do not think it is possible to add cover thumbnails for PR KFX downloaded from cloud. There is some other way these get mapped to thumbnails, and at least I could not figure out how to replicate it. It is not based on any metadata in the KFX or the associated SDR folder.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #17
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
I figured that as well, the hard way. I was converting a scan into pdf, did ocr on it, then I converted it into kfx and opened it on Kindle. No ocr, no searchable text. Eventually I figured that the problem was Kindle Create. It simply discards ocr as it creates kfs. I didn't go with Send to Kindle, since I don't like it butchering the quality of my files, so I learned to live with sideloaded KFX files. I get covers. I need to open dictionary separately when needed. I can annotate things via scribes pen thingy, but exporting them is a hassle, though. Scribe simply converts note into .png and saves it next to the file, the problem is that user isn't given access to those folders when device is connected to pc. And adobe loves to make life a misery for people using sideloaded formats, so it refuses to export notes as well. Simplest way, but still a nuisance, is screenshotting the screen with note on it.
jackm8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:47 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
I figured that as well, the hard way. I was converting a scan into pdf, did ocr on it, then I converted it into kfx and opened it on Kindle. No ocr, no searchable text. Eventually I figured that the problem was Kindle Create. It simply discards ocr as it creates kfs. I didn't go with Send to Kindle, since I don't like it butchering the quality of my files, so I learned to live with sideloaded KFX files. I get covers. I need to open dictionary separately when needed. I can annotate things via scribes pen thingy, but exporting them is a hassle, though. Scribe simply converts note into .png and saves it next to the file, the problem is that user isn't given access to those folders when device is connected to pc. And adobe loves to make life a misery for people using sideloaded formats, so it refuses to export notes as well. Simplest way, but still a nuisance, is screenshotting the screen with note on it.
It is not an issue with Kindle Create. Kindle Create produces a KPF, which you are supposed to upload to KDP. But the KFX Output plugin uses Kindle Previewer to convert, and it does not handle Print Replica KPFs. If you look in the Warnings and Limitations notes for the plugin it states that it does not work:

Quote:
Many books cannot be successfully converted to KFX using the Kindle Previewer, including those using fixed-layout.
It could be more explicit I suppose, or issue warnings when you convert.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote