Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-19-2024, 06:41 PM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Alexa needs too many people. Like the Amazon walk out stores that didn't use much AI at all, but cheap remote workers watching video!

The eink based ereader is mature over 10 years ago. Nothing added since is much value for people reading novels and the majority of Amazon ebooks are read on the app on a phone.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 07:26 PM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Yes, I had to do contract work in C, C++ and Java, among other things.
Yes, after CPP, Java. Yuck. Finally, Python.

For web services, Go is the 'go to' language de jour. Very few key words to learn, pretty idiot proof/secure, very fast and designed from start for concurrency.

Quote:
Now I only read epubs and touch keyboard abbreviated notes to highlights on it. I think eink is too slow for notetaking with realtime conversion and preview. I still buy ebooks from Amazon and bought many eink Kindles from them (for me an other family members) since 2011 or 2012. I doubt I'll ever buy a Kindle or Fire tablet now.
Much the same for me.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote