Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2022, 01:39 PM   #121
aypro
aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I can't find the pixel count of the Kindle Scribe anywhere.
It says it has a 10.2" screen with 300 ppi
Other 10.2" screens have 227 ppi, and have 1404x1872 resolution
Does that make it 1855x2474 resolution ? is that how it works ?
aypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:02 PM   #122
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aypro View Post
Depends on the aspect ratio. The 10.2" is the diagonal.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2022, 07:02 PM   #123
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
So far, except for the DX family, kindles have had exact 3:4 aspect ratio and for 300dpi
devices the diagonal pixels have been exactly the advertised diagonal size in inches multiplied by 300.

(and the DX aspect ratio was close to 3:4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 12:17 AM   #124
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Quick bit of calculation and assuming that since most of the eInk screens used in eReaders have been very close to a 3:4 aspect ratio, the Kindle Scribe will be close to the same, says a 10.2" diagonal screen would be ~6.1" wide by ~8.2" tall in portrait mode or ~1837 x ~2450 pixels at 300ppi.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 04:39 AM   #125
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Quick bit of calculation and assuming that since most of the eInk screens used in eReaders have been very close to a 3:4 aspect ratio, the Kindle Scribe will be close to the same, says a 10.2" diagonal screen would be ~6.1" wide by ~8.2" tall in portrait mode or ~1837 x ~2450 pixels at 300ppi.
I agree that's very likely!
However then there are the crazy Amazon Kindle minimum margins (which could be over ridden by a user config file on older Kindles).

I know you can edit CSS and put -45px, but most people either won't know how or won't bother.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2022, 04:42 AM   #126
aypro
aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aypro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
I agree that's very likely!
However then there are the crazy Amazon Kindle minimum margins (which could be over ridden by a user config file on older Kindles).

I know you can edit CSS and put -45px, but most people either won't know how or won't bother.
Do you need to be jailbroken to do that ? i only ever used Kobo and Tolino, i mainly plan to use it to read mangas.
aypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:52 AM   #127
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I get 1836 X 2448

300 * 10.2 = 3060
3060 * 0.6 = 1836
3060 * 0.8 = 2448
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:55 AM   #128
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Do you need to be jailbroken to do that ? i only ever used Kobo and Tolino, i mainly plan to use it to read mangas.
You don't need to be jailbroken. However, I've only used this in epubs that are going to be converted to azw3/KF8 and it does work.

You could open a azw3/KF8 in calibre's editor and add something like:
Code:
 html { margin-right: -45px; margin-left: -45px;
}
to the top of the style files (in the few I've edited, I seem to remember they show up under Styles as 0001.css, 0002.css, etc.).

Note however, that as far as I know, KFX does not allow negative margins.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 01:24 AM   #129
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus, Scribe, Sage
Well, call me a dummy but I just ordered the bundle with the denim cover. Delivery in about 9 weeks for the Scribe and 12 or so for the cover.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:56 AM   #130
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
You have to edit the CSS and add the following code to the top of the CSS.
Code:
html {
  margin-right: -45px;
  margin-left: -45px;
  break-inside: avoid !important;
}
I don't remember why the break-inside is there, but it did fix some issue back then. No idea if it's still needed or not, but it's no problem to have it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 04:58 AM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
Well, call me a dummy
You're a dummy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:53 AM   #132
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You're a dummy.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:39 AM   #133
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I just thought one benefit of the Scribe, potentially, is being so much larger the book cover icons Amazon FORCES on our library view may be enough larger to actually be semi-worthwhile and semi-visible as opposed to the USELESS specks we get now.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:47 AM   #134
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
I’m really looking forward to getting mine for Christmas, and I don’t think you are dumb.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 12:11 PM   #135
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Looking forward to early reviews.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote