Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
scottiac
scottiac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thumbs up Hello from Sacramento, CA USA

Greetings one and all!

Well, in spite of strong hints, Santa skipped the very reasonable PRS 505 on my list to get me something a bit more embarrassingly expensive, so I had to order it myself. Should be here next week!

I've already started lining up my tools and books. God love Baen! Just wish a few more of my favorite authors were with them! Hard to resist the temptation to re-buy all of my old favorites just to have them electronically (but I must... it's just the way I am.)

I'm a devout book-a-holic. Upon hearing that 47% of Americans (US) read one or less books a year, I was astounded. I read 2-3 a week. I'm hoping the 505 will significantly lighten my bags on business trips!

Fortunately I'm a fan of ALL sci fi, and most fantasy even the stuff written in the early 1900's (Go Verne!), so I should be able to keep busy for a while. (Ok, when I'm desperate, I'll read anything on the weeks bestseller list at the airport; I'm not fussy)

Well, that should tell you what I like to read, how I'll vote on e-morality / e-ethics issues, and my current preferred reader. That cover it all for now?

-Scott
scottiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
tdanzie
Connoisseur
tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.tdanzie is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead, Scott. It's great to have you.
tdanzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Scott
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
scottiac
scottiac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks all! Got my toy in last night.

A few hiccups so far, but not too bad. Got Kovid's tool working great. BookDesigner won't install correctly for me, plus that's one confusin' looking beastie.

More real commentary when I know what I'm doing!
scottiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
scottiac, welcome to the Forum. I likewise didn't get the 505 I hinted for at Christmas but found one at 40% off in the local Sony store today and jumped on it.

On the subject of books read here in the US, I just got back from a ten day vacation in St Martin, FWI and was pleased to see books in the hands of probably half the sun worshipers. Since most were in Emglish I assume most were Americans.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
ScottAGross
ScottAGross began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Hi Scott,
I'm in Cameron Park and also a bookoholic...mostly thrillers, murder mysteries, biographies, humor, etc. I read about ten thousand SciFi books in my teens (met Robert Heinlein, Theodore Sturgeon, Phillip K. Dick, Frank Herbert, Poul Anderson, Greg Bear and so many other authors in person) but then burned out on the genre. I'm sure there is a lot of good new SciFi and I may get back into it someday. So many books...so little time.
Scott
ScottAGross is offline   Reply With Quote