Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
How do I sync metadata updates to books already on the device?

After I sent a lot of books to my device (kindle), I noticed some strange author names for the subfolders on the device and knew that some of the metadata was wrong (usually due to the author_sort not matching a change in the author). After having corrected the metadata on Calibre, what is the best way to sync those updates to the device?

Do I need to delete the ebooks first from the device and then send it again? If I don't delete it and just send it again, will calibre be smart enough to remove the incorrect author folder and content in the process?

I wish I could select all 500 books in calibre and have a 'fix conflicts on device' button.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #2
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Tried just sending the book to the device. Ended up with two copies with one in the correct folder and the original still in the wrong folder.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can search ondevice:true, select the delete key, and "Delete from device only". Then resend.

As you noticed, merely sending does not do anything other than add the files to the device (and update the metadata cache). This actually works for updating... if the metadata in the save template is the same.

Last edited by eschwartz; 04-02-2015 at 10:00 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote