Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2024, 07:47 AM   #1
Chilled-Grey
Chilled-Grey began at the beginning.

Device: PW11 (Bricked), KT4 (Gen 10)
Thumbs down Paperwhite 11 can't enter USB Mode

I bricked it via a small amount of water damage.

It seems to be in a bootloop on startup screen, as there are screen flashes every 15~ seconds or so. Holding the power button to reset works, as it makes the screen fade about two seconds longer than the "normal" screen flashes.

I would have no issues fixing this, but I can't enter USB Mode during any of the actions mentioned above. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Last edited by Chilled-Grey; 01-16-2024 at 07:49 AM. Reason: grammar
Chilled-Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:48 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
So newer computers, laptops have a security feature that you have to override to allow the connection to other devices. Not sure if that is your problem but something to check.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2024, 11:09 AM   #3
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
@Chilled-Grey
How certain are you that it was the water that bricked if and not just the reboot itself? Since described behaviour was known to happen on that particular Kindle model without the Kindle ever being anywhere near a single drop of water.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 06:30 PM   #4
Chilled-Grey

Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies. I just got off work.

1) @shamanNS, I am pretty sure it was water. Small visual glitches occurred after it fell into my sink, and it ended up like this after a couple of hours.

2) @cvkemp, How can I access this security feature? Is it native to a certain OS?... searching online didn't get me very far

Last edited by Chilled-Grey; 01-16-2024 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:33 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Paperwhite 11 is supposed to be waterproof
Quote:
Waterproof (IPX8), tested to withstand immersion in 2 meters of fresh water for 60 minutes.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2024, 05:36 AM   #6
Chilled-Grey

Hm, really? Guess it's just one of those mystery bricks...

Anyways, since it's not water damage there may be more hope than I thought

I am really trying to avoid replacing it with a new one (its still under warranty) because I want to jailbreak it. If it comes to it then I will though