Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2023, 12:30 AM   #16
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Thanks for the update notice.

Glad to say everything is still working great on my Paperwhite 11th gen.

You can come out now. No monster will bite you. It’s safe.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:04 AM   #17
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluyg View Post
BTW not announced, but annoying (to me) is this new addition: https://imgur.com/IeOATfj

It's to "zoom out" back to default zoom if you used "pinch to zoom" feature.
You are able to zoom a Notebook? That's is on my 'wish list'. But at least now, they still will not zoom.

If this is Print Replica, to me that is of value (to know when I've zoomed and have a quick way to un zoom). (confirmed it is a change from 5.16.4)

Why is it annoying for you?

Last edited by tomsem; 11-16-2023 at 02:15 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2023, 02:10 AM   #18
Bluebotlabs
Connoisseur
Bluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bricked PW5
Anyone test Mesquito on 5.15.5 yet?
Bluebotlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 03:49 AM   #19
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You are able to zoom a Notebook? That's is on my 'wish list'. But at least now, they still will not zoom.

If this is Print Replica, to me that is of value (to know when I've zoomed and have a quick way to un zoom). (confirmed it is a change from 5.16.4)

Why is it annoying for you?
Not in Notebook, in Print Replica. I use Print Replica (PDFs sent by Web Send-to-Kindle) for custom organizers on which I write with the pen. My favorite organizer (MDO) is designed to be used with zoom. So I have to zoom-in to write, and then this new "X" UI gets in the way of me writing.

I understand how that could be useful for people, for reading PDFs, but it kind-of breaks my workflow. Although I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Kluyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 05:04 AM   #20
Kluyg
Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kluyg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebotlabs View Post
Anyone test Mesquito on 5.15.5 yet?
Works: https://imgur.com/a/6HKA7tM
Kluyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2023, 05:27 AM   #21
Bluebotlabs
Connoisseur
Bluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheeseBluebotlabs can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bricked PW5
Nice!

Almost done updating docs with MacOS instructions too for MTP btw
Bluebotlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 12:48 PM   #22
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluyg View Post
Not in Notebook, in Print Replica. I use Print Replica (PDFs sent by Web Send-to-Kindle) for custom organizers on which I write with the pen. My favorite organizer (MDO) is designed to be used with zoom. So I have to zoom-in to write, and then this new "X" UI gets in the way of me writing.

I understand how that could be useful for people, for reading PDFs, but it kind-of breaks my workflow. Although I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Makes sense.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 07:28 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Hmm... didn't even make it to 48 hours after this thread was started until my PW4 updated. An odd error on the first USB connect after the update (about 30 minutes ago) but nothing in the 4 connects since.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 11:54 AM   #24
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
FW 5.6.15 and jailbreak

Hi, has anyone tried to install this fw on a jailbroken Kindle pw 10th or 11th?
If so the jailbreak remains?

Thanks

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:04 PM   #25
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post

Thanks

Stefano
According to the LanguageBreak thread, a jailbroken Kindle should not be updated beyond 5.16.2.1.1 as the new firmware includes significant changes incompatible with the jailbreak. I’m not sure however if this is only relevant to Kindles jailbroken with LanguageBreak, or to all jailbroken Kindles.

Last edited by BionicGecko; 11-18-2023 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Meant Languagebreak, not Kindlebreak.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 01:29 PM   #26
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:

Thanks

Stefano
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
According to the LanguageBreak thread, a jailbroken Kindle should not be updated beyond 5.16.2.1.1 as the new firmware includes significant changes incompatible with the jailbreak. I’m not sure however if this is only relevant to Kindles jailbroken with LanguageBreak, or to all jailbroken Kindles.
The jailbreak method doesn't matter, but this firmware has changed to use hardware floating point, a different instruction set architecture. None of the mobileread packages will run.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:06 PM   #27
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

ok, so if I were to install firmware version 5.16.5 (I have a kindle pw 11th with fw 5.15.1 jailbroken with this method) I would lose the jailbreak. it's correct?
Old 11-18-2023, 05:35 PM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You would lose everything the jailbreak allows.

The JB itself might or might not make the trip unscathed either, but it's not terribly relevant at this point in time.

TL;DR: Don't argue on semantics, just assume everything's broken, because it effectively is.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 05:36 PM   #29
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
ok, so if I were to install firmware version 5.16.5 (I have a kindle pw 11th with fw 5.15.1 jailbroken with this method) I would lose the jailbreak. it's correct?
Nobody knows.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #30
stefano.sb
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You would lose everything the jailbreak allows.

The JB itself might or might not make the trip unscathed either, but it's not terribly relevant at this point in time.

TL;DR: Don't argue on semantics, just assume everything's broken, because it effectively is.
Ok I have understand that I lose the jailbreak but... but could I have problems after installing this firmware on my PW 11 with jailbreak?

Thanks and Marry Christmas!

Stefano