Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2021, 06:42 PM   #31
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
I always keep my Kindles with the latest firmware. Right now I can't check which firmware the Oasis has, but if it is not the latest, certainly is the previous one.

Regarding Calibre, I guess we should take into account not only the Calibre's version, but the KFX Output plugin's version too.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:21 PM   #32
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post

Regarding Calibre, I guess we should take into account not only the Calibre's version, but the KFX Output plugin's version too.
The kfx files work on another device so it's not calibre, unless files got corrupted in the transfer.

Are the both JB or not, registered etc.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2024, 12:49 PM   #33
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
seems to have bricked it also with KFX

I've been reliably using my kindle PW2 ( FW 5.10.3 ) to read and play games (active content) before bed and on trips, I tried to use the new KFX format and added a few files to the PW2 with Calibre. I thought if it didn't work it would just be rejected and not respond.
initially, it seemed to work. i set it aside until i could get back to it. As i did I noticed the screensaver looked a bit funky. Later that day i tried to activate the device and nothing happened. i tried to plug it in to the power. after leaving it plugged in in fro a while i came back to it. I discovered it sometimes would activate the backlight in cyclical fashion. off and on and off and on etc,.
i would like to get back to working order. Any advice?
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 06:11 PM   #34
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Try a 'hard' reset: hold the power button until restart dialog appears. However, I've had Kindles get stuck, and the dialog itself was garbled. Nevertheless, I was able to see it appear, and tapping the location where the Restart button would be allowed Restart to proceed and get it unstuck.

I doubt it has much to do with side loading KFX. 'Correlation is not causation.'
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:51 AM   #35
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Try a 'hard' reset: hold the power button until restart dialog appears. '
I already tried a hard reset. nothing happens.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2024, 12:48 PM   #36
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
May be battery cell or Flash has died as it's old.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote