Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #16
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
And I had multiple copies with the same ASIN on my kindle. What I was doing was comparing the asz3 files I had side loaded with the new kfx files I made.
Someone in another thread just linked to this older thread about what can happen in this case:
Multiple copies of book on Paperwhite that won't delete

Strange coincidence.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:00 PM   #17
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
In some failure cases the Kindle will try to fix its file system and during that process at can appear unresponsive. It can take 24-48 hours for that process to complete and the Kindle needs to have power during that time.
It has just rebooted! Out of the blue. And the first document I looked at is working. I think I'm going to restore to factory settings anyway, to be on the safe side.

ETA: Restored to factory settings and that is it for me with experimenting with kindles. I'm going to be happy with PDOCs (no I'm not!) or at least AZW3s, no more KFX sideloading for me. Not today, anyway.

Just so relieved to have my kindle back working again, hate getting refurbs as like for like.

Last edited by Pjama; 07-24-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
It has just rebooted! Out of the blue. And the first document I looked at is working. I think I'm going to restore to factory settings anyway, to be on the safe side.

ETA: Restored to factory settings and that is it for me with experimenting with kindles. I'm going to be happy with PDOCs (no I'm not!) or at least AZW3s, no more KFX sideloading for me. Not today, anyway.

Just so relieved to have my kindle back working again, hate getting refurbs as like for like.
Kindle also indexes books that you load on there, and usually it just means the UI is less responsive than usual, but here to an extreme. Also explains battery drain since it is not actually doing nothing. Good to hear it is back to normal!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #19
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Someone in another thread just linked to this older thread about what can happen in this case:
Multiple copies of book on Paperwhite that won't delete

Strange coincidence.
That sounds very similar to the way I’ve been treating my kindles. Sending new copies after altering the author name etc., then not being able to delete all copies. I’ll not be doing that again.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #20
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Curious, was the pseudo-brick on your old Oasis or Kindle 2019?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 09:14 PM   #21
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Curious, was the pseudo-brick on your old Oasis or Kindle 2019?
On my 'All-new' Kindle Basic, 10th gen.

I traded in my old Oasis for the new one.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #22
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Happy to hear you got it back. I hate the idea of an ailing eReader.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #23
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Omgosh how frightening! I only ever read .kfx books coz I love the enhanced typesetting. But only on books that successfully convert, if the .kfx conversion doesn’t work I just convert to azw3.

Last edited by cerem0ny; 07-24-2019 at 10:42 PM.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:29 AM   #24
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Hi!

Old thread, I know...

But it seems that I'm facing the exact same issue with my beloved New Oasis.

Just after upload 5 KFX generated with Calibre (latest version), I eject the device, and just after disconnecting the USB plug, there was a message on Kindle saying that something had occurred and that it will be fixed and so on.

Now my kindle is stuck at the splash screen. Nothing seems to recover it...

Does anybody has some ideas?

Thanks.
Regards.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:12 PM   #25
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Just after upload 5 KFX generated with Calibre (latest version), I eject the device, and just after disconnecting the USB plug, there was a message on Kindle saying that something had occurred and that it will be fixed and so on.

Now my kindle is stuck at the splash screen. Nothing seems to recover it...
If you still have them I am willing to take a look at those KFX files to see if there is anything unusual about them that might account for bricking your Kindle. If I cannot account for the problem I will try loading them on my own Oasis to see if they cause an issue.

If those books are under copyright then you cannot post them post here. I suggest that you put them someplace I can download from, such as Dropbox, and send me a link in a PM.

As to your Kindle my best advice is to put it on a charger and leave it alone for 48 hours. If there is a problem with the file system of the device it can take a long time for it to recover with no visible sign that anything is happening.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:11 PM   #26
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Hello jhowell.

Thanks for reply. Check your PMs.

Regards.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:55 PM   #27
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
Hello jhowell.

Thanks for reply. Check your PMs.

Regards.
Thanks. I took a look at the KFX file and did not see anything unusual about it. I sideloaded it onto my Oasis and was able to read it without any problems.

I don't have any idea of what might have gone wrong on your Kindle. Sorry!
Old 02-16-2021, 10:13 PM   #28
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Both using the same firmware ?
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:02 PM   #29
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandulf View Post
Both using the same firmware ?
Mine has the latest, 5.13.4.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:03 AM   #30
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Mine has the latest, 5.13.4.
Hmm, so it's not because he has newer firmware.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote