Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 04:34 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Some small editor niggles

Let me start by saying that the Calibre editor (and Calibre in general) is absolutely brilliant. But of course I have a few niggles, and I wonder if anyone can help me solve them...

1) Many books have each para as a single physical line in the XHTML file, so when you do "Replace All" and it says "see what changed", the line that changed is wrapped into several windows worth of text on a pale blue background. The actual changes are shown in a slightly darker blue that is very hard for me to spot. Is there a way to change the colour scheme to make the contrast between chenged and unchanged text more visible? Also is there a way to skip along the line (down several window pages) to the next actual change?

2) Is there any way to change the case of text (to upper, to lower, capitalised)? At the moment I copy the text I want to change, paste it into another editor, change the case and copy it back again... but this is a bit tedious. Can I use expressions like "tolower(\1)" or some such in an RE in the Replace field? Or is there another way to do this that I've missed?

3) I asked this in another thread, but how can I change the template for the "inline ToC" to use my own preferred CSS styles? By default, the ToC <head> has a style of "padding-left: 2em" for <li> elements, but I prefer zero padding...
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) Preferences->Editor->Color scheme and the Next change button at the bottom of the diff window

2) You have to wait for me to finish implementing the function mode for S&R in the editor
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #4
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
1) Preferences->Editor->Color scheme and the Next change button at the bottom of the diff window
Hmm, having some trouble with this. I just upgraded to 2.9.0 in case it was a version issue, but:

1) Preferences does not seem to have an Editor option anywhere... where exactly do I find this?
2) Next change goes to the next *line* that contains a change, not to the next change (and a whole paragraph may be formatted as a single very long physical line in the HTML file, which is then wrapped across several pages on the display), so I have to scroll down very carefully scanning for changes within the very long line by eye...
Old 11-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences in the editor not in calibre

2) No, there is no way to go to changes inside a line
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #6
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Preferences in the editor not in calibre
For the benefit of anyone else wanting to do the same:

While editing a book, Edit->Preferences (or Ctrl-P), Editor settings, Color Scheme: Create/Edit Color Schemes. Then make up a suitable name and add a new scheme.

DiffReplace background is the colour scheme for the whole of a changed line, DiffReplaceReplace is the scheme for individual differences within the line. I changed the DiffReplaceReplace background to a bright yellow to make the individual changes stand out.

It's a shame I can't go through change by change, but at least now it's easier to eyeball the changes. Thanks!