Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2024, 07:01 PM   #46
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Collections have been glitching out on me since yesterday. Specially on Amazon's website. It takes hours for changes to happen. Either renaming them or putting books inside.
Hours before the changes show up on your Kindle?

Collection sync seems to work okay for me (in both directions).

Last edited by tomsem; 01-04-2024 at 09:56 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 05:46 AM   #47
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Hours before the changes show up on your Kindle?

Collection sync seems to work okay for me (in both directions).a
Yes. Yesterday and the day before, it would take hours before any change I make on collections to reflect on the webpage and on my Kindle.

Ex: I changed the name of a collection and it always reverted back to what it was when I refreshed the page, but when I changed it again it gave me an error that the collection name already exists. Like the collection name has already been updated on Amazon's side, but for some reason, on my browser it was still the old name. It would take hours before the change finally reach my browser and my Kindle. Same thing with putting books in collections. When I refresh the page, the books still weren't inside their collections.

It's working perfectly now, though. Probably just Amazon's servers passing gas.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 07:26 PM   #48
mithrandir34
mithrandir34 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th
This update seems to have killed Wifi and bluetooth in my device

This update seems to have killed Wifi and bluetooth in my device.

I don't know exactly when the update happened, but sometime in December I noticed my page locations weren't syncing between my phone app and my Kindle. Then I found out wifi on the Kindle isn't connecting and I can't even find networks. Tried all the official troubleshooting and nothing works. Reseted the device and tried to setup through bluetooth and the phone app, but that doesn't work either. I can still use it if I transfer books through USB, but internet is dead for the device. Just installed 5.16.6 through USB hoping it would fix something, but no deal.
Anyone seen any issues like this?
It's a standard Kindle 11th Gen.
mithrandir34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:48 AM   #49
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir34 View Post
This update seems to have killed Wifi and bluetooth in my device.... Then I found out wifi on the Kindle isn't connecting and I can't even find networks.
As to WiFi, have you tried restarting your router? It's worked for me when my Kindle couldn't find my network (though it could find lots of others).
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:40 AM   #50
drewgb810
drewgb810 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazom Fire HD 8" (10th Generation)
I'm using a MAC and I am having trouble with Calibre pulling up the device to hit transfer to

And sometimes I'll drag the books manually over and the new covers I added to the books in Calibre don't show up when I try and load them up in Moon Reader Pro.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
drewgb810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:20 PM   #51
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgb810 View Post
I'm using a MAC and I am having trouble with Calibre pulling up the device to hit transfer to

And sometimes I'll drag the books manually over and the new covers I added to the books in Calibre don't show up when I try and load them up in Moon Reader Pro.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
If you are also using Android File Transfer (or some other MTP client), you need to shut that down before calibre can connect to Scribe. AFT seems to insinuate itself as a startup task so it will be running in background every time you restart macOS. Mostly for that reason I use OpenMTP.

Cover thumbnail images are not currently copied to Scribe by calibre.

MRP should be able to show whatever cover image you have in the ePub itself. Perhaps you can check to see what it is using calibre edit.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote