Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #106
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My son had been enjoying his ZTE Citrene tracfone as an unactivated media player.
He didn't mind reading on the screen, but he has young eyes and often sits reading books in darkened rooms, so who knows. It meets the rest of your criteria and is less than $30 most places.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 02:53 PM   #107
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I bought a Black Friday Amazon Kindle Stick a couple of years ago, and have never used it (or even looked at it). Is there something I can use it for which will not cost me more money?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #108
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I bought a Black Friday Amazon Kindle Stick a couple of years ago, and have never used it (or even looked at it). Is there something I can use it for which will not cost me more money?
Do you mean a Fire TV stick? (Kindle's are the eInk readers and reading apps [and older tablets])

It's nice if you have Primes, Netflix, Hulu, but stuff like that which all cost $$$. If you have a TV subscription (Cable, Satellite) some of your subscribed channels may have apps you log in to with your provider account and can use to watch stuff (some of these apps also allow limited free content too). There are also free apps like Tubi TV, Pluto TV, Popcorn Flix, Crackle, CW Seed etc. which have free content.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #109
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks AO. Yes, that's what I meant. I'll see if I can watch ESPN3 on my TV, and let you know how that works out.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #110
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I have received written confirmation of the offer deals for the Echo from QVC, so hopefully I'll get what I expect!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 08:21 AM   #111
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I have received written confirmation of the offer deals for the Echo from QVC, so hopefully I'll get what I expect!
Is it 3 Audible vouchers or a 2-month Audible trial?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #112
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Is it 3 Audible vouchers or a 2-month Audible trial?
3 Audible vouchers, and 2 music UL voucher.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #113
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
3 Audible vouchers, and 2 music UL voucher.
Good, that was their original offer several days ago when this promo first hit.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:02 AM   #114
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Good, that was their original offer several days ago when this promo first hit.
I'm tempted, but I wish I knew what the next generation is going to be like and what it will cost ...
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I'm tempted, but I wish I knew what the next generation is going to be like and what it will cost ...
I bet it will cost about $129 - the same as Google Home.

Not knowing what the next gen will have is always a problem when trying to decide whether or not to get the previous gen at a huge discount.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #116
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could't resist. I ordered the QVC Echo just now. Hope it's the same deal and not a just a new member trial offer.

If I know me, and sometimes I'm not so sure, I'll probably get the Echo 2 when it comes out anyway.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #117
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I bet it will cost about $129 - the same as Google Home.

Not knowing what the next gen will have is always a problem when trying to decide whether or not to get the previous gen at a huge discount.
If it is $129, I'll be OK with waiting to see the new bells and whistles. If it comes in at $180 like the original Echo, I'll probably be annoyed about passing up the QVC deal.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:23 PM   #118
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
That looks really good, a bit bigger than my prized Galaxy Player 3.6, but still pretty small, and hopefully the (non)activation screens aren't too annoying. Does he just leave it on all the time, or ???

My not-young-at-all eyes are very near-sighted, so I tend to read with my glasses off and my device pretty close, so the small screen doesn't bother me at all.

I had found my own way to the Tracfone Galaxy Centura, with an even smaller 3.5" screen, but it seems pretty underpowered/old version of Android/not-great screen, so I may try this one now, or may wait for Black Friday as @tubemonkey mentions...hmmm....decisions decisions...

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
My son had been enjoying his ZTE Citrene tracfone as an unactivated media player.
He didn't mind reading on the screen, but he has young eyes and often sits reading books in darkened rooms, so who knows. It meets the rest of your criteria and is less than $30 most places.

Last edited by sufue; 09-07-2017 at 01:30 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:29 PM   #119
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Yes, I am patient, and have my eye on BF. I have picked up a couple of your recommended no-contract phones in the past (), but they are bigger than I've been looking for (closer to 5" than 4"), and I'm using them for "semi-stationary" music and occasional audible book players. They are awesome for that, and I thank you again!

But really looking for a super small, 4"-ish model, or even 3.5". Doesn't have to be top-of-the-line, but a lot of the smaller ones I've found have either been pretty expensive (some of the Sony Xperia) or reviews say they are really slow/buggy (really old Android/old processors). Will keep my fingers crossed for something like I want for BF, but also may buy now (see @ApK's recommendation of ZTE Citrine) if I find something reasonable.

Quote:
How long are you willing to wait? Black Friday is 2-1/2 months off and has the best deals for no contract Android phones. I've been very pleased with the $10-$20 phones I've picked up the last several years. None of them are activated and they're primarily being used as media players.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #120
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
That looks really good, a bit bigger than my prized Galaxy Player 3.6, but still pretty small, and hopefully the (non)activation screens aren't too annoying. Does he just leave it on all the time, or ???
There was no activation nagging at all, except for an occasional notification, that I can recall. We did activate it a few months ago, so I'm going by memory.

He left it on all the time for the most part.