Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #31
oranges
Enthusiast
oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox N96 & Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
Nova can be ordered on Nov 1st ( shipping on 11th ) in China, 1588 RMB including tax, around 230 USD.

No flush screen, same as Note.

The price is reasonable, I'm going to buy one.
i think i will have to purchase it too -- once Nova goes live for sale can you help provide a good link to purchase it?

i am leaning towards Taobao unless you suggest otherwise -- i am in the US.

i would be ok purchasing from Booxtor normally, but he has been idle it seems like -- last post was 7/3/2018?
oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:00 AM   #32
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
i would be ok purchasing from Booxtor normally, but he has been idle it seems like -- last post was 7/3/2018?
Although Booxtor may have been idle on these forums recently, his store is still in operation.

I just recently purchased a case for my Max1 and some screen protectors for my Note through his store. Everything arrived in a timely fashion without incident.

Luckily, the package arrived before the rotating postal strikes that we are currently experiencing here in Canada began.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #33
michaudg
michaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the rough

Device: none
Available on AliExpress.
michaudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 PM   #34
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Booxtor is now offering the Boyue Likebook Mars - but doesn't offer the Nova yet. Interesting!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:10 AM   #35
JonasKofod
JonasKofod began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Michaudg. Interesting.
Any chance a new product like this will be discounted on 11.11?
It is a few days away and we have already been waiting since forever.
JonasKofod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2018, 07:05 AM   #36
oranges
Enthusiast
oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!oranges is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox N96 & Max2
i just picked it up using michaudg's link, not sure if it has an affiliate link, but here is the direct link without the parameters:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ONYX...951886061.html
oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:21 AM   #37
michaudg
michaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the rough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasKofod View Post
Michaudg. Interesting.
Any chance a new product like this will be discounted on 11.11?
It is a few days away and we have already been waiting since forever.
No idea. I just found it by trying a search. I don't know if new items on AliExpress tends to have discount. I did not have the patience to wait until there. I paid it 250$ US with the new user 10$ coupon and by using the mobile app.
michaudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #38
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaudg View Post
No idea. I just found it by trying a search. I don't know if new items on AliExpress tends to have discount. I did not have the patience to wait until there. I paid it 250$ US with the new user 10$ coupon and by using the mobile app.
I think it's priced in the discount. 250$ including customs export fee and delivery fee is very acceptable if it can be safely delivered.

I'm wondering how much US customs will charge for this device. 25% tariff levied on electronic devices upon Mr. Trump's request?

Your post reminds me of this news.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/19/sing...les-event.html

Last edited by cqman; 11-02-2018 at 12:50 AM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #39
JonasKofod
JonasKofod began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Well, I do concur it is a good price, however with 11.11 coming up it is worth the consideration.
At the same time I am wondering if the NOVA plus with wacoom is more what I need.
However, I believe I learned that capacitive input will suffice for annotations, with a good stylus, passive or active. So, I guess I jump on and take a seat in the band wagon.

I will have it send to EU, so US customs or Trump is not really relevant

Yep 11.11 is by far the global retail event, if there is something in it for me, I am happy to make a saving.

Update: Tried to order it, but they don't have any in stock in Spain yet. If I get it directly to Denmark from outside EU, I have to pay DK VAT (25%), whilst getting it from inside EU there is no DK VAT. So 25 % and customs did come in play, just not US and Trump, only convoluted EU common market rules.

Last edited by JonasKofod; 10-31-2018 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Update
JonasKofod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:21 AM   #40
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
The devices on AliExpress are backordered and the seller told me they expect to have it available to ship on Nov. 9. Has anyone that ordered one actually had notification of shipment?
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #41
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
The devices on AliExpress are backordered and the seller told me they expect to have it available to ship on Nov. 9. Has anyone that ordered one actually had notification of shipment?
I ordered one through AliExpress on Monday. Early this morning, the seller sent me a note apologizing for passing on info that said that the Nova had a flexible screen and offering me a chance to cancel my order if I didn't like the Nova. I replied that I knew that the Nova did not have a flexible screen, and so I was still interested in one. Then, the seller informed me that they are out of stock, and should have some by November 9. So, we're in the same boat, it seems - a slow boat from China?
Old 11-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #42
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I ordered one through AliExpress on Monday. Early this morning, the seller sent me a note apologizing for passing on info that said that the Nova had a flexible screen and offering me a chance to cancel my order if I didn't like the Nova. I replied that I knew that the Nova did not have a flexible screen, and so I was still interested in one. Then, the seller informed me that they are out of stock, and should have some by November 9. So, we're in the same boat, it seems - a slow boat from China?
As a sales agent, they will get the devices before Nov 11, but it's impossible they have some in stock at the moment. In my opinion, it's the seller's marketing or sales trick.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #43
cqman
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
i think i will have to purchase it too -- once Nova goes live for sale can you help provide a good link to purchase it?

i am leaning towards Taobao unless you suggest otherwise -- i am in the US.
The Onyx official link for Nova sales on Tmall (Taobao) for your reference.

In Chinese: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...d=580848300230

I don't think you can buy it with your US bank account or it supports delivery to the US. As far as I know Tmall provides "directly buy" from Singapore and Malaysia.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 PM   #44
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
As a sales agent, they will get the devices before Nov 11, but it's impossible they have some in stock at the moment. In my opinion, it's the seller's marketing or sales trick.
Could well be a sales trick. On the AliExpress web page, the seller claims to have 77 pieces on hand. Obviously not true, if they claim to be out of stock as well.

On the other hand, AliExpress' policy is that orders are cancelled and the money refunded if shipment is not made in eight days. I'm on day four now.

We shall see.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #45
Libretom
Libretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox Note
https://ereader.store/en/home/onyx-boox-nova-42.html
Libretom is offline   Reply With Quote