Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
Jakerako
Jakerako began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Onyx boox Max 2 monitor function?

Hi. I just got the Onyx Boox Max 2, and it's not working as a second monitor with my Mac. At first it was saying I needed to charge it even though it was at least seventy five percent charged, so I plugged it in. Then it tried to work but only the screen saver appeared ... Not the apps I was running on the computer... Any thoughts? Is it a defective unit? I have seen other units work a second monitors...
Jakerako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakerako View Post
Then it tried to work but only the screen saver appeared ... Not the apps I was running on the computer... Any thoughts?
If you saw a "screen saver" from the connected desktop, then the monitor function was working and you should better configure the Mac. Maybe you have set a desktop extension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakerako View Post
At first it was saying I needed to charge it even though it was at least seventy five percent charged, so I plugged it in
No, that message only means that the Monitor application may drop battery from definitely to a lot, depending.

BTW: the thread title is a bit imprecise.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #3
Jakerako
Jakerako began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Ok cool thanks, I'll try that. Can't figure out how to change the thread title sorry...
Jakerako is offline   Reply With Quote