Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-17-2024, 07:50 PM   #3286
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
It's a 3-4 hour drive to the Atlantic.

TPBM has climbed a mountain.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:15 PM   #3287
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Mt. Eisenhower in the White Mountains is the tallest mountain I've climbed.

TPBM sees salt water on a daily basis.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2024, 08:36 PM   #3288
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
No. I could if I wanted to, as the sea is only a couple of km from my home, but I'm too lazy to go there on a daily basis. Also, I'm not all that attracted to beaches (I like living close to the sea, though - the moist air suits me).

PBM has lived in a desert climate.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:37 PM   #3289
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Yes. Though not that much of a desert.

The old joke about North Americans think 100 years is a long time, and Europeans think 100 kilometres is a long way comes to mind. Across the Canada from Vancouver to St. Johns, Newfoundland is about 5020km as the bird flies. One of my sisters lives in St. Johns so she lives closer to Tallinn than Vancouver.

Last edited by DNSB; 04-17-2024 at 08:40 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:41 PM   #3290
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

The old joke about North Americans think 100 years is a long time, and Europeans think 100 kilometres is a long way comes to mind.

Well, yes, it's mostly true.
Advert
Old 04-21-2024, 01:00 PM   #3291
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TPBM doesn’t understand how this thread works.
Old 04-21-2024, 01:22 PM   #3292
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I thought I did.

TPBM has read a novel more than 10 times.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:27 PM   #3293
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

In my adolescence, absolutely. I (almost) never reread now; too many unread books out there.

TPBM has fallen out of love with an old favorite.
Old 04-21-2024, 01:34 PM   #3294
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lots of them I'm afraid ....

TPBM re-uses tea bags
Old 04-21-2024, 04:06 PM   #3295
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

I rarely drink tea, so no.

PBM's reading preferences haven't changed all that much since their teens.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:15 AM   #3296
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In some ways, yes. I tend to read the same two main genres however the content of fantasy and science fiction has changed drastically.

The PBM, for the most part, reads one genre.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:26 AM   #3297
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

No. I regularly read several - fantasy, science fiction, mystery, historical fiction, occasionally romance and nonfiction (although my nonfiction is mostly magazine and web articles, not so much books). I've read other genres besides these, but not consistently.

PBM prefers novels to novellas and short stories.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:39 AM   #3298
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I do like to lose myself in a story... and novellas usually don't provide enough duration for me to get lost.

TPBM has a sofa/armchair purchased solely for reading in.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 11:05 AM   #3299
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Indeed - my battered but beloved Lazy Boy recliner.

TPBM still has comics from their younger days.
Old 04-22-2024, 04:29 PM   #3300
DNSB
Bibliophagist

I don't have any comics from my younger days. OTOH, I still have my collection of Ace doubles from the 1960s/1970s.

The PBM has read a tête-bêche bound book.