Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-08-2024, 06:43 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I had a great viewing day as well. A bit of haze, but nothing that affected my experience adversely. A little bit over 3 minutes of totality. Felt the ambient temperature drop. Birds got quiet. I might have gotten a goosebump or two. I'm very glad I planned a short trip to get into the totality zone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240408_191315959.NIGHT.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	207434

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-08-2024 at 07:45 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 09:25 PM   #17
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Amazing how much cooler it got. We live near a very long lake and can see far down the lake and it was interesting how much light was down low to the south while we were in nearly complete darkness.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:37 AM   #18
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
It was very cool to experience this. We had slight cloud cover, but it didn't block visibility. We have nearby neighbors who love loud fireworks, so right at totality we got some loud bangs and bright sparkles in the sky. Lots of yelling and screams as well, very much like New Years Eve.

A yard service nearby had gas powered blowers running nearly 45 minutes straight, which they silenced for not quite a minute during totality. Loved hearing the birds, especially the robins, singing like they do at dusk.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:35 AM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just had a glowing report on my friend's road trip yesterday.

A few traffic issues; far worse traffic leaving Lennoxville post eclipse than getting there. Bishops University had done a great job organizing their facilities for the crowds.

They got to see some solar flares post eclipse.

They returned about 1:00 am!

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:54 PM   #20
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Great eclipse from north Texas even with clouds

That was my first, and probably last due to my age, total eclipse. Wow! I got some good photos too. I have been into astrophotography for a couple of decades, but this was a new adventure.

I used a 400mm telephoto lens for closeups, a wide angle on a 2nd camera for capturing the entire path, and my iPhone for some short video during totality.

https://flic.kr/p/2pKj6eF

Last edited by OtinG; 04-14-2024 at 10:24 PM.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote