Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Wish
Wish began at the beginning.

Device: M92
m92 USB problem

Hey everyone,

so I'm still fairly happy with my m92 but it does suffer from a slight USB problem.

Namely it will simply disconnect on a regular basis during data transfer. Sometimes I can finish the upload, sometimes I can't and have to reconnect.

Now I would love to try a different cable to see if that's the culprit but it doesn't seem to work with any other cord other than the one provided with the unit.

Sounds famliliar? Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks!
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
RobinDesBois
RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.RobinDesBois knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hello,

I can tell you i had the same problem for some time. Random lost connections between m92 and pc interfering in uploads and so on. Sometimes it didn't even recognize my m92 plugged via usb to pc and i had to try repeatedly. Very annoying.

So, i tried to use a different usb port on pc, using one that is on back and not on front. Since then i don't have more of this problem. I'm using a rather old pc (about 7 y.o.), so maybe this is not your case, and will not solve your issue.
RobinDesBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I use many different USB cables, you may use any cable. But there is one thing to be carefull of. The USB slot is placed in quite narrow slot. In case the USB plug of USB cable is a bit bulkier it might be impossible to insert plug deep enought to get good connection.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Haim_gds
Haim_gds began at the beginning.

Device: [M92] Onyx boox note
I have the same problem too. I've tried few different USB cables and computers and didn't found a solution. For me, the most annoying thing about that problem is not predictable and come and go.
Is there any software (PC side or Boox side) that can log the type of the problem for further debugging?
Haim_gds is offline   Reply With Quote