Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
kindlednz
Tyro
kindlednz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Gudday!

Hi all. Just joined up after being gifted a Kindle2 (in New Zealand, with no Whispernet, of course :-)) so I'm looking forward to learning more about mobile reading.
Cheers!
kindlednz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi kindlednz, welcome to MR!

Hope you'll enjoy your Kindle as much as I've enjoyed mine!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Kindlednz!

What a GREAT gift! I received my Sony 700 for Christmas last year and could barely stand waiting until the kids finished opening all their presents from Santa before I could play with it. Be sure and check out all the free ebooks you can download right here at MR in the Mobi format for your Kindle. Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kindlednz and welcome to MobileRead. Enjoy your new toy. But, beware, these things are addictive. So is MR, so you're pretty much hooked
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlednz View Post
Hi all. Just joined up after being gifted a Kindle2 (in New Zealand, with no Whispernet, of course :-)) so I'm looking forward to learning more about mobile reading.
Cheers!
Hi kindlednz and welcome to MobileRead.

When I saw you're introduction post I assumed you were from Australia. But I guess their greeting is pronounced and spelled g'day and yours gudday.

My sister has a Kindle2 and living in Canada has no access to Whispernet either, but her son is going to university in New York and she makes frequent trips to visit him. She takes this opportunity to access Whispernet and buy her books, even though she has the ability to purchase books from Amazon at home.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new reader. Have fun exploring the forum.

Wetdogeared (WDE)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hi kindlednz and welcome!
I also just been given an e-book reader, and I couldn't be happier! Enjoy it to the fullest, and don't forget there is thousands of free e-books to be downloaded here and on Feedbooks, and on Project Gutenberg, and on so many other sites... hours, years of joy ahead!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote