Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-28-2021, 06:27 PM   #16
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I don't think 32 GB of space is a book problem - I can get by with it on the "Reader".
For me it's sheet music that takes up so much space; Eg the score of Verdi's "Forza del Destino" with 620 MB - and I have around 500 such huge files.
Or Kiwix Wikipedia with around 40 GB - I can't do that on any of my Boox devices, no problem on the Likebooks.
Sounds like you need to compress those PDFs. 620MB should be thousands of pages if properly done especially for entirely black and white content. DJVU is another option.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 12:45 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Sounds like you need to compress those PDFs. 620MB should be thousands of pages if properly done especially for entirely black and white content. DJVU is another option.
I need 300 dpi and pdf for comments.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2021, 06:46 AM   #18
ayme08
ayme08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Finaly my choice gone for the new Onyx Nova 3 Color cause my son is a manga and comics addict
ayme08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:54 PM   #19
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The score of Verdi's "Forza del Destino" with 620 MB ...
That's why I only play Rock 'n Roll.

But seriously, how long does that take to load? How long to turn a page?
I guess if you sit on a page for a number of measures it has time to compose the next page.

Have you thought about maybe composing it offline to a device res PNG?
I'm sure the size would come down considerably.
How many pages does Forza have?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:08 PM   #20
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
That's why I only play Rock 'n Roll.

I guess if you sit on a page for a number of measures it has time to compose the next page.

Have you thought about maybe composing it offline to a device res PNG?
I'm sure the size would come down considerably.
He could do a lot better with PDF even. I guarantee it's not compressed at all to be 620mb. Djvu would work too and could also be 300 dpi and support comments...
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2021, 01:10 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
To load? app. 5 seconds and for page turning, app. 1.
Quote:
Wikipedia needs app. 10 sec to start - and search app. 2.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 07-01-2021 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 01:21 AM   #22
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
He could do a lot better with PDF even. I guarantee it's not compressed at all to be 620mb. Djvu would work too and could also be 300 dpi and support comments...
I don't know if Likebook Djvu incl can comment and 500 pieces 614 page scores scans are too big for Boox storage.
In addition, Kiwix Wikipedia is too big for Boox with 40 GB.
Old 07-04-2021, 08:05 AM   #23
mitra1
Zealot
mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis 2,ONYX boox max lumi
Mah, maybe i was unlucky but after 1 year Likebook alita was broke and out warranty, so i give my advice to prefer Onyx boox, after 1 year the tablet works quite the first day
mitra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 10:41 PM   #24
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kind of a side question

Are Any E ink tablets good for University work ?
Not just reading and editing pdfs but researching and writing a term paper at the same time using Microsoft word or a different tool for example. Basically, can you use an Onyx tablet plus keyboard as an alternative to a laptop ?
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 03:20 AM   #25
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Are Any E ink tablets good for University work ?
Not just reading and editing pdfs but researching and writing a term paper at the same time using Microsoft word or a different tool for example. Basically, can you use an Onyx tablet plus keyboard as an alternative to a laptop ?
I use my Boox Note Air with Rapoo E6350 Pro (Blutooth keyboard) as a garden / sun notebook, but not with Microsoft Office applications.
Mouse or touchpad are not particularly suitable for cursor positioning - I use stylus and buttons for that.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:41 AM   #26
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
On portable devices I don't use any WYSIWYG editors (like Word).
I do use a Bluetooth keyboard on both my phone and my ereader (Poke3) to get a bunch of text down when I'm not on a desktop.
This is just plain text which I later clean up on the desktop.

I wrote a little app that saves the text every time there are changes and you suspend as a new version 0034.txt, 0035.txt, ...
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote