Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 12:23 AM   #1
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Using built-in template functions in a custom template function

Help! It's been years since I've done any programming.

How do I use, for example, list_sort() inside a custom template function?

Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:26 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Help! It's been years since I've done any programming.

How do I use, for example, list_sort() inside a custom template function?

Thanks!
Moderator Notice
Writing calibre templates is not a Development issue, so I moved your thread to here.

A search of this subforum, in particular this thread, should find some examples of list_sort usage.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2018, 02:40 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I didn't explain better. I'm trying to create a custom function that would do a list_sort on lists inside a list.

The code below just gives me:

S/R TEMPLATE ERROR global name 'list_sort' is not defined

Code:
def evaluate(self, formatter, kwargs, mi, locals, val, start_index, end_index, sep):
    if not val:
        return ''
    si = int(start_index)
    ei = int(end_index)
    # allow empty list items so counts are what the user expects
    val = [v.strip() for v in val.split(sep)]
    # sort John/Jane to Jane/John
    for i, v in enumerate(val):
        val[i] = list_sort(v,0,'/')
    if sep == ',':
        sep = ', '
    try:
        if ei == 0:
            return sep.join(val[si:])
        else:
            return sep.join(val[si:ei])
    except:
        return ''

Last edited by ilovejedd; 01-28-2018 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:32 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm pretty sure that in a template function like that you don't have access to other template functions. I think you will need to use Python functions to do this.

I think the following will work:

Code:
val[i] = '/'.join(v.split('/').sort())
But, I haven't tested it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Thanks.

The code above didn't quite work (something about not being iterable) but managed to get the function working with the ff:

Code:
    # sort John/Jane to Jane/John
    separator = '/'
    tmplist = []
    for list1 in val:
        res = [l.strip() for l in list1.split(separator)]
        tmplist.append( separator.join(sorted(res)) )

val = tmplist
Advert