Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #151
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think it's the Ivona "Salli" voice. Female American English voice.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #152
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
Not 100% sure, but the voice quality was good. I generally use Ivona UK Amy, but the default on this was American. Not sure if the voices can be changed.
Thank you both. I think I had a Salli with voice dream so in that case she would be fine. I usually use Amy but I think Salli is a softer voice. For the cost of those two adapters I can't wait to try it.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #153
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It'll work on your Voyage, too.
That's what I am hoping for but I won't sell the PW3 until I know for sure.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:45 PM   #154
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You just need to install the voice installer, which is described as being for the PW3 only, but which also works on the Voyage. You'll need about 150MB of storage free for the voice files. Alternatively you can just copy the "voice" folder from the PW3 to the Voyage.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #155
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I wonder if you set your language to English UK it'll install a British voice instead.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #156
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No. The voice file is a separate installer. The American one is the only one currently available.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:52 AM   #157
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Well I ordered one of these a week ago. The website states that they are in stock, but it still hasn't shipped. I wonder if I should just cancel
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #158
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You just need to install the voice installer, which is described as being for the PW3 only, but which also works on the Voyage. You'll need about 150MB of storage free for the voice files. Alternatively you can just copy the "voice" folder from the PW3 to the Voyage.
I couldn't see a 'voice' folder on my PW3, but I found a page on Amazon.com where you can download the voice file directly and transfer it via usb. I've done that for both my PW3 and my Voyage. I've ordered the two adapters as well so will try it out when they arrive. The two only cost £10.09 so worth the chance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...g=thedigrea-20
Old 06-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #159
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
Well I ordered one of these a week ago. The website states that they are in stock, but it still hasn't shipped. I wonder if I should just cancel
Still listed as in stock, and still not sent I have cancelled my order.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #160
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I bought these two items from Amazon UK and they work together perfectly. I like the option for text to speech on my Voyage and it works perfectly. For just over £10 I'm very happy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-20-2016, 05:52 AM   #161
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Thanks Josie! I bought these two items and now have VoiceView on my Voyage
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #162
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
Thanks Josie! I bought these two items and now have VoiceView on my Voyage
I'm glad I could help but Harry pointed me in the right direction in the first place. It's nice to have some form of text to speech back on the Voyage.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #163
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Looks intriguing. I wonder if this will lead to an e-ink Kindle with audio built in. If I'd buy a Paperwhite if it had built-in audio. Then I could leave my Kindle Keyboard at work.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #164
hrezaei
hrezaei began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi guys.
I've just recently joined the forums.

My brother just bought an Kindle Oasis last week. I was very happy as well because I thought I could use voiceview to read some books with his device as well. (I'm visually impaired)
So after getting an audio adapter and a bluetooth headphones, I just realized that the Oasis just... does not have voice files. every time I plug the audio adapter in, It keeps saying me that It can't find the voice files for this device.
I went ahead and installed voice files from
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202051910
and
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202006400
and unfortunately none of those work, the device keeps saying that It can't find the voice files.
I'm very frustrated; It appears that amazon has prepared voice files for the paper white and the cheap kindle 8th generation, but the Oasis which is the most expensive one doesn't get to have one.

Are there any solutions or workarounds for this?
could I find the voice files for oasis from somewhere on the internet?
Thanks
Cheers
hrezaei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:09 AM   #165
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Hrezaei, assuming you put the files in the right spot (Oasis should have come with them already? or is that only the voice folder?), you might want to double check your language settings. Far as I know it still only works with US American language setting.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote