Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-05-2020, 01:34 PM   #46
dkccerbero
Connoisseur
dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.dkccerbero is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Note2
Soo Cool! Thanks for the apps!
dkccerbero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:36 PM   #47
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Thanks for posting the link to the apks, I think I'll wait for the official update.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2020, 02:56 PM   #48
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Nova Pro
So if we update the note and reader from these files, what happens when the official ones get released? Will they overwrite?

Thanks for the links by the way and the effort guys!
Sevenlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 05:50 AM   #49
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
As someone on this thread was so kind to send me the apk-file for Neoreader, I've went ahead and installed it on my Onyx Note Pro, running firmware 2.3.1 with Android version 6.0.1. It works! The version number is changed from 12693 to 23052. I tested it with the files that were open before updating: a regular epub and a PDF with split screen for notes. The epub, PDF and notes displayed fine.
If I receive the knote-release2.apk file, I'll test that one, too.

I think this the chance that an update for the older devices running Android 6 will appear, has increased considerably!
The apks you posted work perfectly on my Max 2 Pro running Android 6. Could you kindly do the same procedure with the Neobrowser from the Android 10 devices, assuming that it can be obtained? We are not due to receive Neobrowser from Onyx on the Android 9 and lower devices, apparently.
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #50
baljo
Connoisseur
baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Sony Reader PRS-650, GoodEReader 13.3", Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
The apks you posted work perfectly on my Max 2 Pro running Android 6. Could you kindly do the same procedure with the Neobrowser from the Android 10 devices, assuming that it can be obtained? We are not due to receive Neobrowser from Onyx on the Android 9 and lower devices, apparently.
I would also appreciate this. The apps also work on Max 2 (non Pro).
BTW, where can I find the release notes?
baljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2020, 10:08 AM   #51
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Send Markismus the Browser.apk and it's already added, big thanks. Check out the original post for link and sha256sum
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=44

EDIT: Seems Markismus couldn't install it for some reason

Last edited by Galunid; 11-08-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #52
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
The SHA256SUM checks out allright. However, my Note Pro gives a parse error. So it seems that browser.apk doesn't work (as a standalone package) on android 6.0.1.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:36 AM   #53
baljo
Connoisseur
baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.baljo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Sony Reader PRS-650, GoodEReader 13.3", Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
The SHA256SUM checks out allright. However, my Note Pro gives a parse error. So it seems that browser.apk doesn't work (as a standalone package) on android 6.0.1.
Yup, tried with my Max 2 and got the same error. Thx a lot anyway for the other 2 packages!
baljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #54
ookimi
ookimi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, M92, Nova Pro, Max 2
Same on Nova Pro: browser won't install, but the other apps do, and work great. As a bonus, the reader and note are finally seen in the recent apps list!!!

However, after installation the MTP connection seems screwed up. The content of folders that are on the device is only partly visible - i.e. some files are shown, and others missing. Same thing on both linux and windows. @baljo, @orpheus2011 - do you get the same?
ookimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #55
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@ookimi, Noticed that, too. I really hope that they stay in the list after the firmware upgrade!

I didn't get a screwed up MTP connection with the Note Pro, though.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #56
ookimi
ookimi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, M92, Nova Pro, Max 2
Quote:
@ookimi, Noticed that, too. I really hope that they stay in the list after the firmware upgrade!

I didn't get a screwed up MTP connection with the Note Pro, though.
I went ahead and installed the apps on Max 2, and MTP works ok there. Thanks @baljo for helping to test the connection!

Not sure what went wrong with the Nova, or what to do about it now. Fingers crossed that there will be an official update.
ookimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:48 AM   #57
zhivchik
zhivchik began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
Today got on Max 3 when change server to Asia. So far it is worth to update.
I got the update from Asia server as well. Things definitely feel snappier. The main improvement IMO is that Notes and NeoReader now show up in recent apps. I can quickly switch between the two using gestures without having to exit/save my current files. Blue ink markups temporarily rendering as pale grey line is a nice touch as well.
zhivchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #58
Sevenlives
Enthusiast
Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Sevenlives can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Nice! Waiting on that NovaPro is rough.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:44 AM   #59
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Boox confirmed 3.0 update for some Pro devices https://www.boox.com/2020/11/11/v3-0...are-changelog/ (see last paragraph)
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:28 AM   #60
Sevenlives
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
Boox confirmed 3.0 update for some Pro devices https://www.boox.com/2020/11/11/v3-0...are-changelog/ (see last paragraph)
Thanks Galunid. I believe they told me sometime in November. So I'm hopeful. I just want layers.