Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
Mehdi
Mehdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Oasis Power Button

hey, does anyone else find the power button on the Kindle Oasis too easy to activate? After walking around with the Kindle in my bag, I often find the power button got activated at some point and the screen also got tapped a bunch.

It's pretty annoying as it'll change my reading position in the book I'm currently reading, so I've started opening a book I've already read before turning off the Kindle.

Does anyone else have this problem? and if not, are you using the Kindle with a case/cover or by itself?
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
Mehdi
Mehdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
figured it out. I've been putting the Kindle next to an iPad Smart Cover which is magnetic and randomly turns on the Kindle as well.

anyone found a way to disable the magnetic switch on the Kindle Oasis?
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2019, 12:22 AM   #3
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Put something between them. I don't think the magnets are very strong.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
WaseemAlkurdi
Zealot
WaseemAlkurdi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5) Wi-Fi x 2, Kindle (7th Gen, KT2), Paperwhite 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
figured it out. I've been putting the Kindle next to an iPad Smart Cover which is magnetic and randomly turns on the Kindle as well.

anyone found a way to disable the magnetic switch on the Kindle Oasis?
If jailbroken, there might be a /dev/event* for this purpose. One could block reading from this file somehow (possibly using wrong permissions/symlinking it somewhere), or (the more proper solution) add a udev rule to prevent initialization of the magnetometer.
WaseemAlkurdi is offline   Reply With Quote