Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-25-2021, 07:27 AM   #1
One-aide9370
One-aide9370 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 12.9
Calibre library manager app

I have an extensive (5000+) library of medicine and biology books, notes and research papers in pdf and djvu which I manage with calibre on my PC.

I have copied the entire "Calibre Library" folder to my ipad storage via an external drive.

Now my problem is, is there an app that can read the calibre metadata or organize the library for me, so that I can search and sort by author, series, etc?

Calibre companion does not see the books. If I wanted to use Calibre companion I would have to redownload every book to the ipad one by one using either the connect to server or cloud feature. If you know of a way to do this automatically, to download all the books at once, then I think that Calibre companion would be essentially what I'm looking for.
One-aide9370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-aide9370 View Post
I have an extensive (5000+) library of medicine and biology books, notes and research papers in pdf and djvu which I manage with calibre on my PC.
I save my books in epub with 'save to disk' in folders generated from the tags to my main hard drive.

I have an App called "FileBrowser" in my iPad, and connect to my computer from it. Then I can copy the folders to the storage managed by it over wifi.

I can do searches by keyword in title and author, and browse the folders. I can sync the files between the App and my hard drive. (Making sure I can only copy from the App, and not overwrite the original.)

And when I click on an epub the app brings up the various apps that can open the file, and I can then load the file into the various epub readers.

You might want to see if that would work for PDF files, or other formats. The FileBrowser handles all kinds of formats, and I think as long as you had an app on your ipad that would open it, FileBrowser would send it there for you.

It's not the kind of management Calibre has, but for me, I've found that if I've titled and filed them correctly, it's not hard to find what I'm looking to open.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2021, 02:02 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
One is supposed to be able to add calibre companion to the locations sidebar in the files app. However, when I do this I get internal error. The app may be broken.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote