Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Music Library/Manager/Catalog

I thought I'd asked this question before, but don't see it. I did find another thread that talked about mediamonkey, but its rather an old thread.

I am wondering what other people use (similar to Calibre) to catalog their music collection. I saw something called Music Collector, but would prefer something Free if possible. And a portable option would be ideal.

I already have my music tagged (with art embedded) and organized, I just really need something to catalog it. and a player built in is not a necessity

Thanks for your input.

C
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
What does music have to do with e-reading, which is what mobileread is about? Wouldn't you be better off posting on a site that is about music?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
What does music have to do with e-reading, which is what mobileread is about? Wouldn't you be better off posting on a site that is about music?
Are you saying people that read don't listen to music?

I see this thread has now been moved to the proper forum.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A quote:

Lounge

Friendly banter and discussions unrelated to e-books

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I thought I'd asked this question before, but don't see it. I did find another thread that talked about mediamonkey, but its rather an old thread.

I am wondering what other people use (similar to Calibre) to catalog their music collection. I saw something called Music Collector, but would prefer something Free if possible. And a portable option would be ideal.

I already have my music tagged (with art embedded) and organized, I just really need something to catalog it. and a player built in is not a necessity

Thanks for your input.

C
I use Media Monkey it's quite nice. I also use some catalog programs but they are quite old. Advanced File Organizer is one and my favorite WhereIsIt? Both are not free.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert