Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-13-2023, 01:57 PM   #1
jms1
jms1 began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable 2, Kobo Libra 2, kindle oasis, kindle 3/keyboard, nook
Command line documentation incorrect?

When I run "ebook-convert INPUT.epub .pdf -h", it prints a list of the available command line options for that particular combination of input and output plugins. (Brilliant idea, by the way.)

However, it looks like the description for one of the items may be wrong, like at one point it was copied from another option but never updated and "finished".

Code:
    --pdf-standard-font=PDF_STANDARD_FONT
                        The font family used to render monospace fonts
From looking at the GUI, it seems like this option corresponds to the "Standard font:" item in the PDF output options. The GUI allows "serif", "sans", or "mono" for this item, and I'm assuming this controls which font "family" is used when rendering text for which no font was specified.

The same problem is present in the documentation about the PDF Output Options. From the word "generated" in the URL I'm guessing that this page, and the help text, are both automatically generated as part of your build process.

If I'm wrong about this, then how does "--pdf-standard-font" differ from "--pdf-mono-family"?

Last edited by jms1; 08-13-2023 at 02:02 PM.
jms1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 11:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...2aef822174cec0
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert