Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-02-2024, 03:05 PM   #1
Hakread
Hakread began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Air 3 C
Question Deciding between Boox Air 3 BW or Kindle Scribe

I currently have the Boox Air 3 C, but the screen is way too dark without frontlights, which I don't even like using, and it dies way too quickly especially with front lights, so I plan on returning it. However I love the size and the stylus is nice for annotating/highlighting, so I thought I'd get another e-reader like the air 3 c. I plan on reading PDFs and kindle books, and also essays on websites if I were to go with the boox. The air 3 BW doesn't really seem popular so I can't find any videos demonstrating the speed of the screen, but if the air 3 c us anything to go off of it should be much faster than the scribe and much less of a pain to navigate through PDFs. The biggest drawback of the BW seems to be the 227 PPI, but I don't plan on using it as an ordinary tablet so I don't think it'd be an issue. I can also get the scribe for around $250 with trade-ins, but it's also over a year old at this point and I'd hate to get it just for a new version to come out soon.
Hakread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 07:27 PM   #2
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakread View Post
I can also get the scribe for around $250 with trade-ins, but it's also over a year old at this point and I'd hate to get it just for a new version to come out soon.
Amazon doesn't churn hardware versions like Onyx does. The Oasis 3 is from 2019, Paperwhite 5 is from 2021, Kindle basic is 2022, as is the Scribe. They have generally been going 1.5-3 years between releases of particular models.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert