Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #91
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
It was may be better for me to have no touch screen. I want something the nearest as possible to the sensation of printed book when I read.
<<Printed book>> means "continuous blots of ink - not square dots". This is why an image softened by the upper layer may help immensely...

I am more bothered by those light reflections that you would not get on paper - if we compare the experiences. But that's not a critical issue.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:32 AM   #92
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
What I meant is, Floyd /dithering/ is (with all appearance) an implementation of rendering on A2 (which per se is only a hardware mode on EPD using only black and white in a fast manner), already working (very well) on the MaxCarta. It's what enables us to watch videos, for example.
In other terms, A2 is the way the dots are managed, electronically; the Floyd dithering is how the software on top decides to distribute the black and white.
Skynet84 posted good screenshots of the famed Dasung "Floyd" mode: it appears as A2, rendered through Floyd-Steinberg dithering - what we already enjoy on the MaxCarta.

EDIT: since A2 without dithering should probably simply not exist, what we have on the MaxCarta should just be the standard.

Last edited by mdp; 11-24-2017 at 03:47 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #93
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Yes, light reflection is what I hate most.

----------------------------------------

Max 2 vs Max Carta (Reviewed in Chinese)

https://v.douyu.com/show/jbrN0Mm6mAQWpyxA

FYI: Test files in this review are some big size PDFs. The comic book is around 1GB with high resolution.

Last edited by cqman; 11-24-2017 at 12:59 AM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:05 AM   #94
HappyMoney
HappyMoney began at the beginning.

Device: 13.3 Good E-reader
Quote:
Me too, I would have this device, but NO, don't expect it, nothing is planned for a such device This is confirmed by http://ereader.store. The problem is the cost for ONYX to develop many models. For some users, a modern e-reader without touch screen must not exist...

I've asked for a comparison between a CARTA screen without and with a touch screen to evaluate the difference during the readings. I've seen some videos with annotations, drawings, web surfing, but never only focused on the reading action and the text's quality. May be like you, the reading action is the most important for me.

Thank you for your kind comments.
HappyMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:58 AM   #95
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
Max 2 vs Max Carta (Reviewed in Chinese)

https://v.douyu.com/show/jbrN0Mm6mAQWpyxA

FYI: Test files in this review are some big size PDFs. The comic book is around 1GB with high resolution.
I've a problem, the Flash is blocked for security reasons. With YouTube, I download the video with the URL, but I don't know how to get the video

Any help will be appreciate.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #96
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
I've a problem, the Flash is blocked for security reasons. With YouTube, I download the video with the URL, but I don't know how to get the video

Any help will be appreciate.
I've downloaded it with Internet Download Manager.

Since the original video was captured from live streaming, I did some edit and reformatted it.

The video is so long and so big which is effort and time consuming. Hope you'll enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/e7Tw6qUr3_g

Last edited by cqman; 11-24-2017 at 09:20 AM.
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #97
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Since the original video was captured from live streaming, I did some edit and reformatted it.

The video is so long and so big which is effort and time consuming. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Thanks you very much !

I'm going to watch it rapidly. I'm impatient.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #98
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:

In watching the video at 5 min 50 s, it's clear why the SD card port was removed. They kept the design of the Max Carta and replace the SD card by the HDMI, less work to do.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #99
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
Disappointing. SD card is useful when Windows does not recognize USB device and no time to troubleshoot. Now I am not sure if I should buy it or wait for Max3
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #100
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4H35H View Post
Disappointing. SD card is useful when Windows does not recognize USB device and no time to troubleshoot.
Or for transferring information from one mobile device to another when one has no internet connection, nor intermediary device which would allow them to talk to each other.

I think I may be able to hold off on the Max 2 since I already have the Max. However, the Note is still somewhat of a temptation.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:17 AM   #101
M4H35H
Connoisseur
M4H35H doesn't litterM4H35H doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-950, Hanvon E920, Onyx Boox Note Lite, Boox Max2
@dkccerbero posted this link: https://youtu.be/KEdwlrxnvAg. Says only the HDMI port is missing. So looks like no sd slot on the note either
M4H35H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:05 AM   #102
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
How much memory of the 32 GB is free to use?
Does anybody have information on th 64 GB/128 GB version mentioned in the first video by notebook italia?
Best,
Jan
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #103
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Yeah, no mSD card on the Max Carta 2 is a serious bummer. I tend to use my Max Carta for since serious outdoor text input sessions and then when all is done I just pop that card out and insert in my desktop card reader. Move the files to my Work in Progress folder and start fixing formatting and styling.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #104
Randy11
Wizard

No SDcard but OTG ?

If there is no SD Cad, is it possible to have an OTG Mode ?

Like this, an external USB device (key, hard drive) will be usable.

Any idea ?
Old 11-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #105
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
If there is no SD Cad, is it possible to have an OTG Mode ?

Like this, an external USB device (key, hard drive) will be usable.

Any idea ?
I seem to recall it being said that there would be no host controller to allow the physical hookup of an external keyboard, so I'm guessing that might mean no OTG support for a USB device.

Hope I'm wrong or that they reconsider.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote