Old 04-26-2024, 05:33 AM   #1
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Boox Note Air 3C vs. TAB ULTRA C PRO

I wonder which of the two would be better suited for me:
Boox Note Air 3C or. TAB ULTRA C PRO

I need it for reading, no sophisticated Tab tasks.
I switch between several books, and switch between parts of books, so the switching should be fast. fast booting is appreciated.
needed apps: syncing, simple note taking (typing), dictionary

dispaly and weight are (about) the same.
Tab ultra has faster cpu, more memory, larger battery.

is the faster cpu and larger battery of the tab ultra "consumed" by some tab related "background business"??
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:56 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
I switch between several books, and switch between parts of books, so the switching should be fast.
An interesting question.
For most of us linear book readers the only real switching is between text and notes.
I don't know which/if readers allow multiple instances.
Can you open one book in two places and use "Recent" switching?

The Tab Ultra C Pro has the BSR (display processor) which should optimize screen refresh. But screen refresh is not really the limitation when switching between books on a single app instance.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2024, 09:20 AM   #3
lepau
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Can you open one book in two places and use "Recent" switching?
that would be an interesting feature!
Old 04-26-2024, 11:10 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
As I've said elsewhere, my custom reader can only read one book at a time but it has a bookmark stack and a "swap" button that can swap between current position and the top bookmark. That's helpful for bouncing between text and notes (without using links). Currently it only saves the LRP and not the whole stack when you exit. As it caches swaps just like page turns, the swapping is pretty instantaneous. I tend to bounce a lot when I read a note, then check the text, then the note and back. It's just a button click.

This would not be hard to implement on an open-source reader.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 06:47 AM   #5
lepau
Connoisseur

would the be a disadvantage in using the TAB ULTRA C PRO for reading?
Apart from the camera sticking out and being slightly thicker.
Advert
Old 04-28-2024, 07:29 AM   #6
bigwigs
Enthusiast
bigwigs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
I wonder which of the two would be better suited for me:
Boox Note Air 3C or. TAB ULTRA C PRO

I need it for reading, no sophisticated Tab tasks.
I switch between several books, and switch between parts of books, so the switching should be fast. fast booting is appreciated.
needed apps: syncing, simple note taking (typing), dictionary

dispaly and weight are (about) the same.
Tab ultra has faster cpu, more memory, larger battery.

is the faster cpu and larger battery of the tab ultra "consumed" by some tab related "background business"??
Maybe look for readers like adobe acrobat, koreader, moonreader etc which provide such capabilities depending on type of books.
bigwigs is offline   Reply With Quote