Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-26-2024, 04:27 AM   #1
Nhio
Nhio began at the beginning.

Device: boox air 3c
sharing and mirroring desktop with boox

Hi everyone, I'm considering purchasing the Air 3C, but I just wanted to make sure it can do these two things:

(i) I need to mirror the screen to a laptop to share the tablet screen and make some drawings.
(ii) Besides mirroring, I would also like to conduct Teams meetings directly from the Boox and share the desktop.

Thank you to anyone who can help me with these doubts!
Nhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 06:48 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Screen sharing is a deep subject. There is:
  • Devices with HDMI connectors
  • Devices with Type C USB and DisplayPort alternate mode
  • Miracast
  • Apple mirroring
  • Browser-based mirroring, like Chromecast
  • Server-based mirroring, like scrcopy
  • Screencap mirroring, like my AdbGrab.exe
Your choice depends on quality, latency and reliability required.

When I need to do some screen captures to illustrate something, I use my AdbGrab.exe
It should work with any stock Android, although it is a bit slow.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 07:33 AM   #3
bigwigs
Enthusiast
bigwigs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhio View Post
Hi everyone, I'm considering purchasing the Air 3C, but I just wanted to make sure it can do these two things:

(i) I need to mirror the screen to a laptop to share the tablet screen and make some drawings.
(ii) Besides mirroring, I would also like to conduct Teams meetings directly from the Boox and share the desktop.

Thank you to anyone who can help me with these doubts!
Mirroring is possible on Eink tablets from Boox - https://help.boox.com/hc/en-us/artic...reen-Mirroring

Using Teams is another thing as the refresh rate could be issue due to video. Also, not sure how optimized Teams app is on Android.
bigwigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 08:03 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which (if any) models can put out video over USB TYpe C?
Old 04-26-2024, 01:23 PM   #5
bigwigs
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Which (if any) models can put out video over USB TYpe C?
Mirroring is via Wi-Fi
Old 04-26-2024, 01:32 PM   #6
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwigs View Post
Mirroring is via Wi-Fi
Mmm, if you insist.
But then I'll have to come up with a verb meaning to duplicate a screen on another device.
And why do they say "mirroring" when the image isn't even reversed?
Old 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM   #7
Nhio

Thank you for the answers! I use a MacBook Air M2, which supports Type-C connections. Currently, I use a Samsung Tab, and I use the Windows Whiteboard, which works quite well. I can join the same Whiteboard page on both the tablet and laptop with the same user, and they are automatically synchronized. I would like to use the Boox in the same way with the Windows Whiteboard or something better. The best way would be connecting with a USB-C cable to reduce lags and connection issues.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:55 PM   #8
Nhio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwigs View Post
Mirroring is possible on Eink tablets from Boox - https://help.boox.com/hc/en-us/artic...reen-Mirroring

Using Teams is another thing as the refresh rate could be issue due to video. Also, not sure how optimized Teams app is on Android.
Is Teams working on boox? Can I start a teams meeting and share the desktop?
Old 04-27-2024, 02:49 AM   #9
Nhio

I've just purchased the boox, it should be delivered tomorrow, after that I'll do all the test and let you know!
Old 04-27-2024, 08:20 AM   #10
bigwigs
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Mmm, if you insist.
But then I'll have to come up with a verb meaning to duplicate a screen on another device.
And why do they say "mirroring" when the image isn't even reversed?
Yeah they are calling casting as mirroring.maybe it is translation error.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:25 AM   #11
Nhio

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use anydesk since I have a mac. I would like to see the onyx display inside my laptop (or even just the Notes app). I have installed the Anydesk app and it seems to work, I mean I see the onyx display, but just only the desktop... if I open the Notes app or any other app, in my laptop I still see the Onyx desktop and it seems to be locked. Do you have any suggestion? Or maybe another way to replicate/mirror the onyx display inside my mac? Thank you a lot.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:20 AM   #12
Nhio

ok Anydesk doesn't work... Teams doesn't work... I am a bit bewildered
can someone help me to undestand how to share my screen or just only a whiteboard?