Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-26-2024, 06:07 PM   #6001
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
It's always bundles that scupper my good intentions. Maybe I should just fiddle the figures so I don't count them?
I've done pretty well avoiding bundles unless they are all of a series or a single author. I found as I got older that it was harder to plow through a series. You get through 3-4 books and then go on to something else and maybe return later. I still haven't finished Harry Harrison ebook collection nor the Works of Andre Norton and I bought those in 2011. I'm about 1/2 through each.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 02:33 PM   #6002
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Okay, just to try to stem in my impulse-purchases before they get out of hand, I made myself a rule that after a purchase I need to finish a backlog book before getting another.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:18 AM   #6003
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I've done pretty well avoiding bundles unless they are all of a series or a single author. I found as I got older that it was harder to plow through a series. You get through 3-4 books and then go on to something else and maybe return later. I still haven't finished Harry Harrison ebook collection nor the Works of Andre Norton and I bought those in 2011. I'm about 1/2 through each.
Well, I caved.

I was in the mood to read the first book next, so I thought I'd better just get on with it.

I'm not sure how I'm going to account for the bundle, yet. I don't know whether I'll just accept that my goals have been sunk, or whether I'll try to adjust them so I still have something to aim for for the rest of the year.

A while ago I came up with the idea to count 1 book per £1 (or part thereof) of the bundle price, and treat the rest as freebies. So if the bundle was, say, £8.50 for 20 books, there would be 9 paid books (8 at £1 and 1 at £0.50) and 11 freebies. I thnk I forgot to apply that to the L E Modesitt Jr bundle last year, and I also think it would still probably sink me with this bundle, since it would be 24 paid books.

To be honest, I don't know if I've had good value from any bundle, so far - I should check my figures. Maybe one or two of the early smaller humble bundles? - but I don't think that's what's driving me here. The money's not really significant. The point is to get a relatively complete library of this thing that I can dip into whenever I want.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote