Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-12-2023, 10:28 PM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I got the notice that I didn't get the invite for the headphones, and I got the offer of the 32" fire TV as a consolation. Not sure how the two equate, but ok.
I just checked my email thanks to your post and got a similar email. They said they ran out of invites for the $100 43" TV I wanted, but I could buy it at full price ($400). Oh wow, I am so thrilled

As a consolation they offered me the same TV they offered you. So I'm supposed to pay the same price ($100) for a 32" plain TV as I would've paid for a 43" 4K UHD TV. I'm failing to see even an inkling of an equivalency in this deal. Needless to say, they can keep it.

Oh, and they also gave me a free $2 video credit. I don't rent videos, so they can keep that one too.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:03 AM   #92
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Odd, I got a $2 slow shipping digital credit yesterday with my order. All the stuff I bought was showing Prime Day discounts.
I think the deal was changed if you have an Amazon Prime Visa. Even if you didn't use it. On a Tuesday.

Basically, they nerfed the people who are supposed to be their best customers (Prime members with a Amazon card).
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2023, 09:32 AM   #93
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Odd, I got a $2 slow shipping digital credit yesterday with my order. All the stuff I bought was showing Prime Day discounts.
I almost never get a digital credit, maybe one or two a year; I'd take them if they were on offer. I bought a few odds and ends on Prime Day and all I got was slow shipping with no sweetener.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:55 AM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Prime Day 2023 was a major letdown.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 10:04 AM   #95
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Prime Day was so underwhelming that I didn't even bother to pick up a trial membership. I'm so over Amazon.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2023, 10:18 AM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Prime Day was so underwhelming that I didn't even bother to pick up a trial membership. I'm so over Amazon.
One thing that was really a scam was some prices being raised so when the discount was applied that it brought the price down to pre-Prime Day.

Not everything was an issue. I did buy a few things. I bought an HDMI 2.1 3-in-1 switch box, dog poo bags, a bath mat, and 2 1 meter HDMI 2.1 cables.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 10:36 AM   #97
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I placed an order last night and checked off the quickest delivery. As soon as I finalized the order, Amazon changed the delivery to no-rush shipping without my permission. Now I have to wait a week for my 2-day delivery. This is not how you're supposed to treat a Prime Visa cardholder.

Amazon's on very thin ice with me. Because of an earlier incident, I'm not renewing my Prime membership. Now with this latest issue, I'll probably cancel my Prime Visa.

Way to go Amazon. It's clear to see how much you really value Prime members.
Old 07-13-2023, 10:48 AM   #98
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I placed an order last night and checked off the quickest delivery. As soon as I finalized the order, Amazon changed the delivery to no-rush shipping
Yep. The same happened to me. Since they know who/where I am when I'm looking at the product page and placing the order, there's no justification for pushing the delivery back after hitting "place order".

They also delayed delivery, again, on an order I placed weeks ago and did take the digital credit. I canceled the order; a measly buck isn't enough for this runaround.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 02:04 PM   #99
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I placed an order last night and checked off the quickest delivery. As soon as I finalized the order, Amazon changed the delivery to no-rush shipping without my permission. Now I have to wait a week for my 2-day delivery. This is not how you're supposed to treat a Prime Visa cardholder.

Amazon's on very thin ice with me. Because of an earlier incident, I'm not renewing my Prime membership. Now with this latest issue, I'll probably cancel my Prime Visa.

Way to go Amazon. It's clear to see how much you really value Prime members.
The Amazon-branded Visa still offers 3 percent back at Amazon for non-Prime members--at least so far!--unlike the Amazon Store card, which no longer offers any cash back without Prime membership. So worth keeping, unless you want to make a point, though I doubt Amazon cares.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:53 PM   #100
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I think the deal was changed if you have an Amazon Prime Visa. Even if you didn't use it. On a Tuesday.

Basically, they nerfed the people who are supposed to be their best customers (Prime members with a Amazon card).
Par for the course with Amazon. They're focused only on getting new customers for Prime and do nothing to retain the ones they have. I think that's going to start biting them on the ass soon, people are getting fed up with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I almost never get a digital credit, maybe one or two a year; I'd take them if they were on offer. I bought a few odds and ends on Prime Day and all I got was slow shipping with no sweetener.
I rarely take them, but in this case I wanted extra time for the 30 day return window to start, so it was worth it. I figure if I'm paying them for fast shipping, they're damn well going to give me fast shipping. A measly $1 credit for taking slow shipping isn't worth it 99% of the time.

Quote:
I placed an order last night and checked off the quickest delivery. As soon as I finalized the order, Amazon changed the delivery to no-rush shipping without my permission. Now I have to wait a week for my 2-day delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yep. The same happened to me. Since they know who/where I am when I'm looking at the product page and placing the order, there's no justification for pushing the delivery back after hitting "place order".
Both of you should contact support and complain. You're likely to get some free store credit if you do. I know it's a pain, but don't let them get away with that shit!

I haven't had them delay shipping on me, but I live close to multiple warehouses. Worst I've had was an order that got lost in shipping. Amazon refunded it without my asking and I waited a week before reordering in case it finally arrived. Still hasn't, a couple of months later. I can't blame that one on Amazon. Thankfully the reorder arrived quickly.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 07:12 PM   #101
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Only thing I purchased was an Acorn TV subscription for 99 cents so I can watch the last season of Doc Martin.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:39 PM   #102
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Only thing I purchased was an Acorn TV subscription for 99 cents so I can watch the last season of Doc Martin.
AcornTV - Me too! but for the recent season of "Brokenwood Mysteries". And PBS Masterpiece for the final season of "Endeavour".
ngrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:53 PM   #103
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Both of you should contact support and complain. You're likely to get some free store credit if you do. I know it's a pain, but don't let them get away with that shit!
I intend to. But first I had to get them to refund me for services I paid for that they never delivered on. That mess started 24 Jun and it took until today to get my refunds. That's why I'm not renewing my Prime membership.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:01 PM   #104
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The Amazon-branded Visa still offers 3 percent back at Amazon for non-Prime members--at least so far!--unlike the Amazon Store card, which no longer offers any cash back without Prime membership. So worth keeping, unless you want to make a point, though I doubt Amazon cares.
Yeah, I know. I'm still debating it.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:13 PM   #105
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
I placed an order last night and checked off the quickest delivery. As soon as I finalized the order, Amazon changed the delivery to no-rush shipping without my permission.
Our main problem is that they keep on delivering to a house almost two miles away. Same house number, different street.

UPS, FedEx, Postal Service, DHL -- all can find our well-marked twin house, which is now about nine months old, and is on a normal public street -- except for Amazon. Every month or two we try again, and they still epic fail. Happened today again with a dog leash -- not only did I have to drive over to pick it up from the nice patient people who live at the wrong house, I now have to return it because it is a different, shorter, model from the one I purchased!

How long until they go the way of past discount store leaders like Korvettes, McCrory, F. W. Woolworth, Grants, K Mart, and a bunch I've forgotten that seemed on the top of the world until they weren't. I've no idea, but discount retail never lasted forever before.

I did make two prime day purchases, going to a locker -- US$75 for a Kids edition eReader, plus a toothpaste three-pack.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote