Notices

View Poll Results: Have you had Covid?
Yes 11 28.21%
No 28 71.79%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2022, 01:33 AM   #16
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I got it for the first time on June 7, 2022. I had a sore throat, so I tested. I don't know where I got it and I wear masks in stores and other indoor places. I got my second booster on May 29th.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 03:58 AM   #17
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I haven't had it. One of my brothers and one of my sisters and her husband have had it. They were all much more lax about masks than I've been.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2022, 07:37 AM   #18
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
What makes you think none of these were COVID?
Because a day or two of Zicam took care of it. I have not heard of zinc having any effect on Covid symptoms.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:35 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
If you're high risk you should still be eligible to be referred for a monoclonal antibody infusion.
My GP mentioned that, but apparently the cardiologist said he'd prefer Lagevrio. But because of side-effects and the fact that I live alone it would need to be under 'supervision'. Anyway it's all a bit hypothetical, because of my lifestyle, I reckon I have more chance of catching Usain Bolt than I have of catching Covid-19 :lol:

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:26 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I got it at the start of July 2022 (multiple positive lateral flow tests). Looking forward to getting a combined booster this Autumn. I'd like to make as sure as possible that any future infection is "mild".
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2022, 11:46 AM   #21
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Haven't had it because my brother hasn't been sick yet. He has a reduced immune system, so yeah, it would show up. So we've all been boostered and I'm the only one who goes out in public to do the shopping and most of that is order online and pickup. Returned to masks last week due to reported increased risk in my area. My sister and cousin continue to have issues with Long Covid from Delta. Brain fog has lifted after many months but sense of smell is pretty much gone. They had initial shots but got sick before boosters. No hospitalization, just misery.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 01:54 PM   #22
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I haven't had it yet. But I get almost everything retail and groceries delivered, still wear a mask out in public, take a lot of precautions. However, I live alone, no family near enough to come visit, rarely go into public. I've had the initial 2 shots and one booster. I'm due for the 2nd booster but my doctor recommended waiting for the one designed for the Omicron variant since I remain isolated about 99% of the time.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 05:02 AM   #23
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Because a day or two of Zicam took care of it. I have not heard of zinc having any effect on Covid symptoms.
COVID can be asymptomatic, mildly symptomatic, short-lived. Just being a brief mild illness doesn't mean it's not COVID.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:29 PM   #24
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I kinda suspect I had a mildly symptomatic infection circa March 2020 and 2 (worse) symptomatic breakthrough infections this year despite 2 shots and a booster.

EDIT: March 2020 was general exhaustion and soreness, the two potential breakthrough infections were congestion, a sore throat and a cough that seemed to be potentially consistent to being related to post-nasal drip.

Last edited by binaryhermit; 08-25-2022 at 03:44 PM.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:05 PM   #25
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I've had it twice for sure, and possibly a mild case with omnicron although it may have just been allergies that time.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:12 PM   #26
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
it's possible my 2 probable breakthrough cases were allergies, but not likely. And they both were "worse" than my possible initial case, but still not *that* bad.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:38 AM   #27
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Whole family had it (tested at a clinic) early on, pre-vaccine. Three of us had very mild symptoms, barely different than our typical colds, thankfully. My wife, who has a history of respiratory issues, got the worst of it and was laid up with somewhat flu-like symptoms for a few days, but thankfully no worse than that. We all did lose taste for a while, which was interesting.

My son, who works in a restaurant, got it again a little while ago, post-vaccine (at-home test positive), again with mild cold-like symptoms, but none of the rest of us got it again.

My wife's brother died from it last August.

Last edited by ApK; 08-26-2022 at 10:54 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 07:45 PM   #28
lynmary
lynmary began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Sorry about your Brother-in law

Yes to having covid mild symptoms. My Mother was 91 had worst symptoms. Ended up in hospital for 4 months with blood clots almost lost her leg. Happy to say she one strong lady and is home and doing well. She inspired every one at the rehab center. She will be celebrating 93 this coming year at home. This happen pre vaccine availability.

4 Doses and flu shot. Not Taking any Chances.
Hospital's are full here. Recommending vaccinations as a way to avoid taking up valuable beds.
lynmary is offline   Reply With Quote