Notices

View Poll Results: Have you had Covid?
Yes 11 28.21%
No 28 71.79%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2022, 10:52 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Musical Chairs, Covid-style

The numbers are very imprecise. People have it without realizing it. I just saw a metric that estimates that 18% of Americans have not have Covid. So I wondered, how many here have had Covid? Poll answers are private, but you can expound at will if you’d like. And, “No” means “Not to my knowledge”. “Yes” can mean either or both “I tested positive” or “I had all the symptoms and it’s the likeliest explanation”.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 10:56 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I’ll add just to be sure, please stay within the limits of Lounge conversation, i.e., no discussion of vaccine politics. Feel free to discuss personal experiences and other anecdotal evidence.
Advert
Old 08-22-2022, 10:58 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I’ve voted and I have not. I’m double boosted, was scrupulous in my practices early days, (somewhat less so now), but I suspect luck is a big factor as well as not living in a hotspot.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:00 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Hubby and I both had it in January, but he is the only one who took a test. I didn't see the need to test at that point. My symptoms were first, his 2 days later. Neither of us were terribly sick, but the fatigue lasted for months.

We both had 2 original shots, I had Pfizer, he had Moderna. No plans to have additional boosters, family members were totally boosted and both got very sick 3 weeks ago.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:08 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I was lucky. Have had the two initial Pfizer shots (March and May 21) plus two Pfizer boosters (Nov 21 and Apr 22).

Worked continually the whole time; transporting people to appointments, delivering food for a food bank and meals on wheels, both hot and frozen.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2022, 06:17 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I had the Janssen vaccine originally. Followed that up with a Janssen booster, and then a Moderna booster (in early April). I've not had Covid that I know of. There were two distinct times that I was sick (with symptoms) but both times, I'd taken multiple tests that all came back negative.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 06:21 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Nope.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:55 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I voted no. I've had the two original shots plus two boosters and will get the next one when it becomes available.

I am still wearing a KN95 mask when I'm indoors with other people. I haven't eaten in a restaurant since before Covid (not that I ever ate out a lot anyway).

I know it's probably inevitable that I'll get it at some time no matter how careful I am, but I keep hoping that if I can put it off long enough, by then it will be as mild as possible (since newer variants have been less severe than earlier ones).
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:22 PM   #9
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
By all indications, no, even though I am immunocompromised (have medical condition that makes it easier to catch illnesses and can reduce vaccine effectiveness).

Had three full Moderna shots and one booster. A test showed that I have developed vaccine-associated antibodies. One shouldn't rely on that, but it signals that my immune system isn't totally gone.

I'm medium careful. I'm in a grocery store about once a week and always wear a mask, regardless of whether almost everyone else is (Asian market) or most others are not (standard American supermarket). The riskiest thing I probably do is go on Philadelphia transit -- albeit with an N95.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:39 PM   #10
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Not that I know of. No symptoms that lasted long enough or were severe enough that it was nothing but a cold that Zicam knocked out in a few days.

I had one vaccine, the J&J one, in May 2021. No boosters. I ditched the mask as soon as possible and only wear if required.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 10:01 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm actually not certain if I've had COVID. I don't think so but among my acquaintances who are vaccinated/boosted, most of their COVID cases were detected more of less by accident since they were asymptomatic.

If you don't know that you had COVID, did you really have COVID?

Last edited by DNSB; 08-22-2022 at 10:04 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:18 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
4 doses, 2 AZ, 1 Pfizer and 1 Moderna. Zero side effects.

Pretty sure I've not had Covid-19. Had a runny nose and shallow cough early this year, did a RAT test which was negative. But I wasn't confident I did it right, so I went for a PCR test. It came back negative for covid-19, and positive for rhinovirus (common cold).

My medics have told me they won't provide me with either of the oral antivirals available here. Paxlovid interacts with 3 of the heart medications I take, and Lagevrio has side-effects that could trigger a paralysis episode due to a neurological condition.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:53 PM   #13
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
No, and I believe it's a true no.

Five vaccines, immunosuppressed. COVID has only been circulating in my city for about eight months. I've been almost completely isolated from everyone but immediate family for that whole time, only going into indoor shared spaces for healthcare or, on about four occasions, very briefly to get a hair trim or pick up a library book (with a P2 mask on). We have had people over on a bare handful of occasions, one at a time, with RAT beforehand.

Both of the family members in my house have had it once; we isolated from each other, fully ventilated the house, masked, and I tested regularly over the ensuing week or two, all negative.

I haven't had a single episode of cold or flu type symptoms since 1999, not even mild.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:54 PM   #14
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Not that I know of. No symptoms that lasted long enough or were severe enough that it was nothing but a cold that Zicam knocked out in a few days..
What makes you think none of these were COVID?
Old 08-22-2022, 11:55 PM   #15
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
My medics have told me they won't provide me with either of the oral antivirals available here. Paxlovid interacts with 3 of the heart medications I take, and Lagevrio has side-effects that could trigger a paralysis episode due to a neurological condition.
If you're high risk you should still be eligible to be referred for a monoclonal antibody infusion.