Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Kindle Unlimited and Audible

I'm sorry, I know this has been discussed, but I can't find the right post when I searched.

If I rejoin Kindle Unlimited and pay for one month, can I then buy the matching Audible Whispersync for Voice book at the lower price, as if I owned the Kindle book? Is that as clear as mud?

My goal is to spend the $10 coupon credit I have at Amazon on four books, thus earning me another $10 coupon. There are four books that I would like, that aren't available at any of my libraries. They are in Kindle Unlimited. So, in theory, I could join Kindle Unlimited for $10 and then get the four Audible books to keep. Will that work?
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
It should. When I had the KU free trial I did exactly that.

If any of the books you want are free narration with KU, that will mess things up, though--the audiobook is then automatically added to your Audible library, and you can't buy it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
A related question. I recently got an Android phone. So now I am curious as to how well the unlimited narration books would work on such a device. Are the books available for free through that program as well done as Audible books? As a subscriber to KU, can one ignore the ebooks completely and just listen to the audio books?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The books that are in the KU with unlimited narration are same Audible books you can buy. I don't see why you couldn't just use the unlimited narration part of KU, however, I believe there is only a small section of books with unlimited narration.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
A related question. I recently got an Android phone. So now I am curious as to how well the unlimited narration books would work on such a device. Are the books available for free through that program as well done as Audible books? As a subscriber to KU, can one ignore the ebooks completely and just listen to the audio books?
They are Audible books. Exactly the same, it's just that they can't be downloaded to the computer, only to the mobile device. And when you return the KU e-book, the audiobook goes bye-bye as well.

You have to have both the Kindle app and the Audible app on the phone. When you borrow the KU e-book with narration, the audiobook is automatically added to your library.
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
They are Audible books. Exactly the same, it's just that they can't be downloaded to the computer, only to the mobile device. And when you return the KU e-book, the audiobook goes bye-bye as well.

You have to have both the Kindle app and the Audible app on the phone. When you borrow the KU e-book with narration, the audiobook is automatically added to your library.
Interesting. So the audiobooks would not work on regular MP3 players (non Android, non iOS) then, right?
I just bought a phone-watch (The Samsung Galaxy Gear S), and since there is no audible app for its operating sustem (Tizen), I would need to get the files onto a computer, then onto my Note 2, then from there to the watch. I guess KU is quite limited for my usecase then.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Interesting. So the audiobooks would not work on regular MP3 players (non Android, non iOS) then, right?
I just bought a phone-watch (The Samsung Galaxy Gear S), and since there is no audible app for its operating sustem (Tizen), I would need to get the files onto a computer, then onto my Note 2, then from there to the watch. I guess KU is quite limited for my usecase then.
The audiobooks that are KU with narration can only be downloaded with the Audible app, as far as I know. Or streamed to the computer.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The audiobooks that are KU with narration can only be downloaded with the Audible app, as far as I know. Or streamed to the computer.
This sucks. I was going to get KU during the long cold winter months.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
True. I tried that during my free trial, and there is not way to get the audio book to an mp3 player. I'm going to try it on my phone, some time soon.

Last edited by booklover6; 11-16-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
The books that are in the KU with unlimited narration are same Audible books you can buy. I don't see why you couldn't just use the unlimited narration part of KU, however, I believe there is only a small section of books with unlimited narration.
I found 45 that I would like to listen to, although I didn't sample them, so that number might not hold.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I just realized I could put the Audible app on my Windows Phone, too. Now that I have a holster for it, I can wear it. I can't be tethered to a tablet to listen to audio books.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #12
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
If the device HAS Audible support on it, you can put it on there. You just have to go through the process of getting it on one device, then pulling it out and then pushing it to another. That's how I made it work with my Nano.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #13
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
If the device HAS Audible support on it, you can put it on there. You just have to go through the process of getting it on one device, then pulling it out and then pushing it to another. That's how I made it work with my Nano.
I can't see any audible MP3 files on my Android phone. A search only yielded their native file format. Do you happen to remember how you got to the Mo3s, assuming you did it from an Android phone?
Old 11-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Except the files are hidden. I fooled around with downloading to my phone and then trying to move the files to my PC and then to my Clip Zip, and I couldn't even find them.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:43 PM   #15
wawasteele
Addict

Quote:
Except the files are hidden. I fooled around with downloading to my phone and then trying to move the files to my PC and then to my Clip Zip, and I couldn't even find them.
I don't have KU right now, so I can't look specifically for those files. However, I was able to find regular Audible files on my phone. In the download settings of the Audible app, it shows where the files are stored. I was then able to see them with the Astro File Manager app.