Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
mg10
Connoisseur
mg10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW, Kobo Aura One
Is possible sync just books from Kobo, avoiding soft upgrades?

Hello
Is possible to sync just ebooks from Kobo site avoiding software upgrading? I want to keep my patches if sync bought books
mg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Firstly, if a new firmware version comes out, the patches will be developed for it very quickly.

But, the way to block the updates is via a patch. Look through the list for your firmware version to find it.

Also, if you do get an update downloaded, you can say no to installing it. The recent firmware versions will continue with the sync after this. Then connect to a PC and remove the firmware files before they are installed. Of course, the next sync will do the same, so it won't stop the download, but it will delay the update a until you are ready.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2017, 05:12 AM   #3
mg10
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Firstly, if a new firmware version comes out, the patches will be developed for it very quickly.

But, the way to block the updates is via a patch. Look through the list for your firmware version to find it.

Also, if you do get an update downloaded, you can say no to installing it. The recent firmware versions will continue with the sync after this. Then connect to a PC and remove the firmware files before they are installed. Of course, the next sync will do the same, so it won't stop the download, but it will delay the update a until you are ready.
Thanks davidfor
I did it and worked but the books uploaded by Calibre have been unregistered. They're in their respective folders but don't appear in My Books. Calibre doesn't show as uploaded books. I can upload them again but, do you know how can I avoid this behavior in future syncs?
Old 09-20-2017, 06:42 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg10 View Post
Thanks davidfor
I did it and worked but the books uploaded by Calibre have been unregistered. They're in their respective folders but don't appear in My Books. Calibre doesn't show as uploaded books. I can upload them again but, do you know how can I avoid this behavior in future syncs?
There is nothing in what I said to do that would cause this. Books disappearing is usually a sign that the internal database on the device is corrupted and you restarted the device. If you connect to the PC and disconnect, they will probably be reimported. But, if it is a corrupt database, this needs to be fixed.

You can test the database with my Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre. Depending on exactly what is wrong, compressing the database can fix it, but it doesn't always. Otherwise, the only fix is to sign out of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. As part of this, the database is recreated and the sideloaded books reimported. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status and any bookmarks for the sideloaded books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
mg10
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is nothing in what I said to do that would cause this. Books disappearing is usually a sign that the internal database on the device is corrupted and you restarted the device. If you connect to the PC and disconnect, they will probably be reimported. But, if it is a corrupt database, this needs to be fixed.

You can test the database with my Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre. Depending on exactly what is wrong, compressing the database can fix it, but it doesn't always. Otherwise, the only fix is to sign out of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. As part of this, the database is recreated and the sideloaded books reimported. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status and any bookmarks for the sideloaded books.
Now it's ok. Probably I did something wrong. Data base was ok. I copied books again from calibre (only kept folders, but empty) and synced to get my bought books.
Davidfor, your suggestion works: deleting firmware image from pc before a new restart. Thanks.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
Advert