Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
marrco
Enthusiast
marrco began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4
Cover for pw4 10th gen

I don't use a cover for my PW3 (nor I did for previous models) considering the recessed display a sufficient protection from scratches.

Today I bought a cheap cover (about 6 usd) link . For that price, I can afford the risk of not even using it.

what's the experience of KO and KV users with their screens? Is the new design with the screen completely flush with the bezels more prone to scratches than the old models with a recessed screen?
marrco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Ive been waiting for more cases to be released for PW4, although I only get the ones with pretty pictures all over it and do it by theme. I'm such a girly-girl with these. I love the feel of reading with the cases though. My PW3 currently has a scratch on the bezel that's irritating me, and dirt keeps getting into the sides of the screen and the bezels. I'm hoping the more flush PW4 will fix that but time will tell. I leave it in my purse so I need a case for protection from scratches.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have a Voyage and for the first year I used it without a cover. I began using the cover when I began carrying it with me for a while.

I always put the Voyage face down on a mouse pad that I kept where I kept the Voyage for just that reason. I still have it there because I keep a Kobo Aura (the original with the flush screen) without a cover handy. I never really worry much about damaging it. Of course I live alone and that helps.

I'm about to get a cover for the Aura because the power switch is getting difficult to use and the cover will let me stop using it. Otherwise I'd leave it without a cover.

I also have a couple of tablets that don't have covers. I leave them face up when I set them down. The screens are easy enough to clean if a little dust settles on them.

I've never had a problem with any device without using a cover and I've been using tablets and ereaders for over a decade.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote