Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 06:22 AM   #1
vikbi8
vikbi8 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
Question Help / Kobo database cleaner...

Hello,
I'm using Calibre to manage my books library and I just discovered that the natural way to write authors was the FN LN format instead the LN, FN (you guess I used it...).
So, I changed all my books authors and I send all my library into my Kobo.
Now, the pb seems to be tricky. I get duplicate authors and duplicate books

Here is an exemple :

The book is the following :

And the detail from the metadata window

As you can see, I respected the FN LN format (I really don't know why the red picture is visible into the Author's Sort field ???)

Into the KOBO, I see the author twice ?

And the number of books is different from the authors entries ?

From Ben Aaronovitch

From Aaronovitch

What could I do to clean up my Kobo library (according my Calibre is clean...)

Thank you,

Vincent
vikbi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 06:47 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Kobo wants authors to be FN LN, but author_sort must be LN, FN. In your screenshot the author_sort is also FN LN; that's why the field is red and the authors on your Kobo are a mess.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors name, authors sort, clean, kobo