Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-10-2024, 08:34 AM   #1
Pindarodge
Pindarodge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Calibre library in dropbox folder not synchronising

Hi,

After doing a clean reinstall of my iMac due to malware, I was hoping that when I would reconnect Calibre to my dropbox library, all books would reappear in the Calibre app. Like Calibre’s welcome wizard states: “if a calibre library already exists at the newly selected location, calibre will use it automatically” but unfortunately that didn’t happen for me. When I open Calibre, no books are shown, despite plenty being in the folder I’ve designated as the Calibre library.

So my questions: Was it really necessary to export my Calibre data before the reinstall? Or is there still something I overlooked? Like a way to sync the folder I selected as the Calibre library?
Pindarodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 08:54 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The library icon -> Switch/create library -> Use the previously existing library at the new location.

Navigate to your library folder and click OK.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 09:04 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Also see the FAQ item I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS? It could be that your dropbox copy is already corrupted, for example having the "metadata.db" file marked as "conflicted".

Last edited by chaley; 03-10-2024 at 11:47 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 11:08 AM   #4
Pindarodge
Pindarodge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Thanks Sirtel, but the library folder I selected was correct. When following your steps I got the ERROR: Same as current library.

And Chaley, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It seems I have 3 metadata.db files in my library, from which 2 are conflicted copies. But that's because I'm also running calibre on a different computer I rarely use.

It seems to me, that when I selected my library after opening Calibre for the first time after the reinstall, a new and empty metadata.db was created somehow. Maybe overwriting the file that was on my dropbox.

My fix was to select "restore database" in "library maintenance", which sort of works like a sync feature that I hadn't found yet. So thanks for pointing me in right direction.

Best,
Rogier
Pindarodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 12:17 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Another fix is to stop using Dropbox with your calibre library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
date migration, library sync, reinstallation