Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 02:49 PM   #316
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm going to turn on WiFi on the 24th of March. That will be 4 weeks since I did so before. I'll see what happens to my side loaded eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 02:00 AM   #317
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
Me too. I’m a Kindle user so I see no point in moving away from GR. GR has the books. SG is still lacking in that area for me. I think it’s a hot mess too. I use Bookly for the infographics. Also, I like knowing how long it takes me to read. I’m weird like that.
For me, the issue is that GR has listings for books that are not released and likely will never be released due to the author passing away but for which there are reviews and ratings.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2024, 07:24 AM   #318
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
For me, the issue is that GR has listings for books that are not released and likely will never be released due to the author passing away but for which there are reviews and ratings.
And before a book is released, it's full of crap ratings and reviews. So it can take a rather long time to get the ratings and reviews sorted.

I do not see this with Storygraph.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:25 AM   #319
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Amazon removed books from my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

That doesn’t bother me at all. Does it suck? Yes, does it impact me on the daily? Absolutely not. I’d rather have it have too many books than not enough.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 09:32 AM   #320
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
GR has wrong covers, never used on published copies, wrong series info and even lists colorists or illustrators as writers.
The Admins won't fix errors even for publishers.

Amazon has done nothing to fix it since they bought it and otherwise only made click through to Amazon for titles easier.

See also changes to Amazon owned IMDB.

I keep meaning to check what Bookwrym is like. It's in the Fediverse.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2024, 09:46 AM   #321
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Amazon removed books from my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

It’s not great. I have a Bookwyrm account. The database is terrible. Each instance has its own database. I want it to be better, but it just isn’t.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 11:50 PM   #322
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
How is the GR related to the original topic of this thread?
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 03:25 AM   #323
escaner
escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.escaner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbullet View Post
It is quite frustrating now, when reconnecting to wifi after 1-2+ weeks of being offline all the side loaded books are gone again . My initial suspicion might have something to do with the collection being synced. But on my latest test all books gets wiped whether they're in a collection or not.
Have you guys reported this issue to Amazon?
escaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:00 AM   #324
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
GR has wrong covers, never used on published copies, wrong series info and even lists colorists or illustrators as writers.
Have you posted your error fix request to the Goodreads Librarians Group?

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...brarians-group
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:54 AM   #325
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post

I gave up. They didn't care or something. Maybe it has changed.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:56 AM   #326
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

Amazon has done nothing to fix it since they bought it and otherwise only made click through to Amazon for titles easier.

See also changes to Amazon owned IMDB.

Goodreads has been made worse. You have to request a book or edition be added by the librarians.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:45 AM   #327
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

I reported the mess in the Discworld series and they did nothing to fix it.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:16 AM   #328
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I reported the mess in the Discworld series and they did nothing to fix it.
FWIW, it has to be a real error, not a "this isn't the exact way I like it and my way is the only right way".
Old 03-11-2024, 07:17 AM   #329
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I gave up. They didn't care or something. Maybe it has changed.
You said the Admins won't fix errors, so I assumed you hadn't taken it to the Librarians group, which is the way to submit that kind of error.
Old 03-11-2024, 07:40 AM   #330
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
You said the Admins won't fix errors, so I assumed you hadn't taken it to the Librarians group, which is the way to submit that kind of error.
By Admins I meant "Librarians".