Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
More ebooks removed from Amazon UK

I posted about David Morrell's First Blood being removed from Amazon UK a few weeks ago, now two Blake Crouch ebooks have also been removed, Abandon and Snowbound. All three of those books are still available on Amazon USA.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Have they been removed from your reader? I am concerned about ebook stores being able to delete things from your reader once they have sold them.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Have they been removed from your reader? I am concerned about ebook stores being able to delete things from your reader once they have sold them.
No. As we have discussed numerous times with you. It was one book. One time. And Amazon more than compensated those who were affected.

Mr. Ploppy - did you ever try contacting Amazon concerning the Morrell titles to see what the problem was? I was wondering if there was a Publisher out there somewhere who stepped in claiming to have UK digital rights.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I didn't get a chance to buy them before they were removed, they were all fairly high price ebooks so I was waiting until I was ready to read them.

I did buy another ebook recently that had crappy formatting (Topaz) so I sent it back for a refund. That was removed from my device the next time I plugged it into the computer to put something else on it. Which is fair enough I suppose, but it shows that the wifi doesn't need to be on for them to do it.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
No. As we have discussed numerous times with you. It was one book. One time. And Amazon more than compensated those who were affected.

Mr. Ploppy - did you ever try contacting Amazon concerning the Morrell titles to see what the problem was? I was wondering if there was a Publisher out there somewhere who stepped in claiming to have UK digital rights.
I emailed the writer but didn't get a reply. Blake Crouch seems to think his are still available so I sent him screen shots.
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I did buy another ebook recently that had crappy formatting (Topaz) so I sent it back for a refund. That was removed from my device the next time I plugged it into the computer to put something else on it. Which is fair enough I suppose, but it shows that the wifi doesn't need to be on for them to do it.
Hmm. Not sure how that's possible. Amazon would nomally have no way of talking to your computer. The only exception I can think of is if you have the Kindle for PC (or Mac or whatever) application installed.

If you don't have that app, and you keep wireless switched off on the Kindle, I can't see any way for Amazon to delete things - even though (as you say) they are perfectly entitled to in this case.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Sounds like it was just removed from the store, not the device.

EDIT: mr ploppy beat me to it. That's what I get for not refreshing.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Hmm. Not sure how that's possible. Amazon would nomally have no way of talking to your computer. The only exception I can think of is if you have the Kindle for PC (or Mac or whatever) application installed.

If you don't have that app, and you keep wireless switched off on the Kindle, I can't see any way for Amazon to delete things - even though (as you say) they are perfectly entitled to in this case.
Kindle for PC was running, I probably should have made that clear.