Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-17-2016, 06:09 PM   #16
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
Intriguing... what did you find to be misleading and offensive?
Much talk of incredible lightness and comfort for hours-long reading sessions.
Much talk of incredible battery life with case.
No mention of estimated battery life for those hours-long reading sessions with just the incredibly light and comfortable Oasis.

Typical marketing-speak I suppose but annoying all the same.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #17
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Counting the days ... I found this nice german video on the Kindle Oasis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVo3_cmKpI

The walnut does look a bit awesome.

Last edited by tovare; 04-17-2016 at 06:36 PM.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #18
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Hopefully. But I'm not convinced Best Buy's "Get By 4/27" line is accurate. Would Amazon delay shipping units to Best Buy to fill their own orders first?

I'm also wondering if Amazon's delivery dates ever get moved up.
Amazon should be honoring initial allocations with their partner retailers (since Amazon doesn't have a retail presence on it's own). However, I would expect those allocations to be fairly small in comparison with what they will have on hand.

I don't really know about delivery dates being moved up, but I wouldn't expect them to move up by all that much.

I did order one for myself (Merlot, 4/27 arrival) to see if it works and addresses the gaps with the Voyage that I have. Will see.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #19
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
I ordered from Amazon and got a shipping date for July for the Merlot cover ... Then I saw that I could get one from Best Buy on 4/27 and I caved and ordered the black cover ... I'm counting on 4/27!
That's what happened to me, too. Not happy with the merlot delivery estimates, then saw Best Buy listing a 4/27 "get it by" date. I hope they fulfill that promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Amazon should be honoring initial allocations with their partner retailers (since Amazon doesn't have a retail presence on it's own) ...

I did order one for myself (Merlot, 4/27 arrival) to see if it works and addresses the gaps with the Voyage that I have. Will see.
Thanks! That makes me feel more confident about Best Buy's delivery date. Looks like there are at least 4 of us here who may actually get an Oasis on 4/27. So excited!

Quote:
... I also want to get rid of special offers and hope I can do that on the device once it arrives ...
I want to get rid of special offers, too. I contacted Amazon customer support and they said it would be no problem.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:29 PM   #20
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Thanks! That makes me feel more confident about Best Buy's delivery date. Looks like there are at least 4 of us here who may actually get an Oasis on 4/27. So excited!

I want to get rid of special offers, too. I contacted Amazon customer support and they said it would be no problem.
It should. However, it assumes a couple things:
1) Amazon doesn't short BB on the initial allocation (meaning BB takes more orders than they get product from).
2) BB got an actual commitment on the allocation at all (are they just guessing how many they will get?).
3) BB doesn't get stuck waiting a couple days for their initial allocation to show up after the launch date for whatever reason (BB has their own distribution to stores which has been caught off guard in the past if units come in too close to a launch date).

Really don't know 100% until they get it in stock, but worst case, you shouldn't be waiting too long after the launch date even if it does get screwed up. I came back to Amazon from Sony with the Paperwhite launch, and I only got one near launch because of BB myself. But it did take a couple days after launch for them to appear.

I always get rid of special offers after having a chance to play with the device for a bit first. Never had an issue doing it, but sometimes the automatic system isn't completely ready for it until a few days after launch like I ran into with the Voyage.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2016, 11:48 PM   #21
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't go raining on my parade, Kolenka, now that you've got my hopes up

Just kidding. I know it's not 100%. We'll see what happens next week!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #22
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Looking forward to all your Oasis comments\ reviews !

The Oasis screen does look good on the videos I've seen so far. Must be the extra lights.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #23
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I find it encouraging that in reviews where the actual Oasis is pictured, there is no evidence of yellow or other uneven tones or shadows on the screen. Hopefully the extra lights have corrected the issues the Voyage was often plagued with.

Last edited by Kolja; 04-18-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:15 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
May 4th delivery date (same as release date): Merlot, WiFi/3G, Special Offers (will remove)

Last edited by SCION; 04-18-2016 at 02:17 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:05 PM   #25
odamizu
just an egg

I was scrutinizing my Best Buy order confirmation email, trying to divine an exact delivery date when I noticed some fine print: "What You Need To Know: When your order ships: Pre-ordered items will be available on or after the release date." This is below where it says: "GET IT BY: WED 04/27" (in all caps, no less).

So I'm guessing the "GET IT BY: WED 04/27" is an estimate, not a promise <sigh>

@SCION: May 4 for a Merlot cover? Nice!

@Kolja: I'm hoping for more even lighting as well. The lighting on my Voyage is pretty good, but if I look for it, I can see a slight shift in color from top to bottom. Not enough to bother me once I'm reading, but it's there.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #26
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I was scrutinizing my Best Buy order confirmation email, trying to divine an exact delivery date when I noticed some fine print: "What You Need To Know: When your order ships: Pre-ordered items will be available on or after the release date." This is below where it says: "GET IT BY: WED 04/27" (in all caps, no less).

@Kolja: I'm hoping for more even lighting as well. The lighting on my Voyage is pretty good, but if I look for it, I can see a slight shift in color from top to bottom. Not enough to bother me once I'm reading, but it's there.
I think they have to use that language in case something happens beyond their control. I still think we'll get the Oasis 4/27.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:49 PM   #27
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
I think they have to use that language in case something happens beyond their control. I still think we'll get the Oasis 4/27.
I hope you're right! I wonder when they'll ship it for 4/27 delivery. Maybe Friday? Monday? The anticipation is killing me!
Old 04-19-2016, 12:49 AM   #28
Kolja
Zealot

Quote:
I hope you're right! I wonder when they'll ship it for 4/27 delivery. Maybe Friday? Monday? The anticipation is killing me!
I don't know. I guess we'll have to keep checking under order status to see when it's shipped. I also put in my phone number when I ordered and should get a text when it ships.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:31 AM   #29
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:

For what it's worth, my Merlot delivery date is 27/4. I guess you just had to order early enough (half an hour after it went on sale, for me).
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #30
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
For what it's worth, my Merlot delivery date is 27/4. I guess you just had to order early enough (half an hour after it went on sale, for me).
Did you order the WiFi only model? I believe all of the WiFi/3G models have a release date of May 4th. They were originally 4/27.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote