Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-07-2021, 05:21 AM   #1
coleder
coleder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Q: App to use Boox device as Wifi storage drive?

I have the following situation:

I have a Max Lumi Boox device running Android 10. I would like to be able to upload some documents locally from a computer to the Boox device for reading.

Now consider the following situational contraints:

- The Boox device cannot generally connect to the existing Wifi network (e.g. on the road, or corporate Wifi).

- The Boox device cannot generally connect to cloud storage drives such as DropBox (e.g. if access to existing Wifi, cloud drives may be blocked in corporate networks).

- No additional software can be installed on the computer, e.g. corporate laptop, but a browser is available, and the Wifi to connect to can be freely chosen.

- Also I am too lazy to use a USB cable to connect the Boox device to the computer to upload some document.

With these limitations in mind I thought an app would be helpful that provides
- a Wifi access point (I have not found this functionality on the Boox device UI)
- a WebDAV server that allows file upload

Does someone know such an app?

Or are there other convenient ways how to achieve the upload from the computer to the boox device under the aforementioned limitations?
coleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #2
W. Hunger
W. Hunger began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 plus (dead), Note 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleder View Post
Does someone know such an app?

Or are there other convenient ways how to achieve the upload from the computer to the boox device under the aforementioned limitations?
Some years ago i used FX File Explorer for this, it has a webserver feature implemented nicely, along with Bluetooth (OBEX) transfer options that might also help in some situations.

Another option is the WiFi/WLAN-Plugin für Totalcmd, which i just tried for the first time and which seems to be excellent.
W. Hunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert