Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Hoppy
Hoppy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx
SD Card Problems

Hi all new to readers. as a present for my birthday my parents asked me which reader I wanted and I did a tone of research and found the onyx boox sounded like the best. now I'm having troubles with it. the "firefly" won't recognize the books I put on the sd card. it's a brand new card but to be safe I did reformat the card but still it won't see the books on the card.

I'm hoping that someone here can tell me what I'm doing wrong
Hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Hi Hoppy, I haven't understand one thing. If there is a problem on the sd card, you cannot open it inside the boox. For example, you couldn't open folders or list files. If this is the case, well, the card is not compatible with the reader. You have to buy a new one.
Otherwise, the problem is about the books. Are your books in epub format? Or pdf, or something else? Are they DRM-protected?
cheers

Last edited by Inemi; 07-20-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
Hoppy

The Boox knows there's a sd card, but when I press on the little icon there's nothing in the file. But the books are on the card. I've tried with 2 cards now but nothing.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
The Boox knows there's a sd card, but when I press on the little icon there's nothing in the file. But the books are on the card. I've tried with 2 cards now but nothing.
When you write "there's nothing in the file", do you mean
-the sd is empty
-you open a book with a program, but the book is empty

In the first case, might even be an hardware problem, so I suggest you to write an email to the vendor. But might also be the bad quality of your sdcard. You can try to use a good quality sd-card (sandisk or kingston for example).

In second case, it's a DRM problem.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Hoppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
When you write "there's nothing in the file", do you mean
-the sd is empty
-you open a book with a program, but the book is empty

In the first case, might even be an hardware problem, so I suggest you to write an email to the vendor. But might also be the bad quality of your sdcard. You can try to use a good quality sd-card (sandisk or kingston for example).

In second case, it's a DRM problem.
The SD card is empty (although when I plug it in to my computer there are books there. (epubs)

No DRM.
And I tried both the sandisk and kingston.
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 AM   #6
Inemi
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
The SD card is empty (although when I plug it in to my computer there are books there. (epubs)

No DRM.
And I tried both the sandisk and kingston.
No more ideas... It's the first time I heard such a problem, try contact the vendor support
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Hoppy

I'm going to have to return the Onyx. I've tried 6 SD cards of different brands and sizes and none of them work. Also there is a problem with the front lite.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
What is the model of your device ? I suppose, it's a Firfly.

Could you connect your device to your computer and see the SD card ?

Could you put a book from your computer to your device ?

Could you open the book on the SD after ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
Hoppy

No worries I'm returning it and will get something else. Like I said I tried every empty SD card I have and none of them worked.