Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
voyageusejvzc
voyageusejvzc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, onyx boox m92
Help! Annotations gone.

I accidentally deleted the files which contained my annotations when connecting my onyx boox m92 to the computer. I didn't know what those files were, and now all my annotations are gone! So stupid of me.

Is there any way that I can restore those files?
Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited by voyageusejvzc; 07-28-2013 at 04:27 PM.
voyageusejvzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageusejvzc View Post
I accidentally deleted the files which contained my annotations when connecting my onyx boox m92 to the computer. I didn't know what those files were, and now all my annotations are gone! So stupid of me.

Is there any way that I can restore those files?
Thanks a lot!!!
You can try to use some recovery tools (like R-Studio or Undelete).
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
voyageusejvzc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
You can try to use some recovery tools (like R-Studio or Undelete).

OK, I have recovered the file, and put it back where it was.
However, the sketch file is somehow separate from the pdf file, and when I open the pdf file, open all annotations, it shows nothing.
How do I combine them? Using "merge annotation" doesn't work.

Thanks.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I am not sure if anotations are in sketch files, there are freehand sketches and maybe something more.

Sidenote. Sketch files in .onyx folder must be named properly. File delete recovery often cannot recover fully the correct filename before deleting. Do recovered files have correct name?
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
voyageusejvzc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I am not sure if anotations are in sketch files, there are freehand sketches and maybe something more.

Sidenote. Sketch files in .onyx folder must be named properly. File delete recovery often cannot recover fully the correct filename before deleting. Do recovered files have correct name?
Yes, I think so. At least the book names are correct.
I didn't do any drawings, only annotations. So it should be the correct sketch files.
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Try to look in M92 wiki. If I remember correctly someone wrote program/script to extract annotations to text file.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote