Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-30-2024, 02:46 PM   #16
Ninapedia
Ninapedia began at the beginning.

Device: none
I made an account because of this thread to chime in. I'm experiencing the same issue! Some additional information:

1. I was listening to my audiobook up until midnight (EST) last night. When I opened the app to continue this morning (around 8 am EST) it said I had exhausted my 'sample' and that my library was empty.

2. Like the others in the thread, the library is empty on both browser and the app. I can see all my past purchases in my purchase history, but they will not show up in my library even after I manually make the books visible.

3. I have a family library set up and other members of the library can see and access the books, including the ones I purchased.

4. I have spoken to google helpdesk via the chat function but the troubleshooting options they offered didn't provide results. They've had to escalate my case and will get back to me in 24 hours.

Couple of trouble shooting things they offered that will maybe help y'all:
- Clear the cache
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Remove the profile/account the books are connected to and then re-add the profile/account.
- Manually click 'make visible in library' option on purchase history - then hide them and make them visible again if that doesn't work
- reset GooglePlay app to factory settings and try all of the above again if that didn't work

TL;DR I'm experiencing the same issue. Google help desk doesn't currently have a solution that works for me so I'm waiting for my case to be 'escalated'
Ninapedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 02:58 PM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Those troubleshooting steps are completely useless. Clearly this is affecting lots of people on many different devices, so any cache-clearing, reinstalling etc won't do anything. The problem is on Google's end.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2024, 03:06 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also now I can't send even a single email to any gmail address. Apparently was to be active from 1st Feb 2024, but I knew nothing till I got a bounce!

Quote:
This mail has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated. 550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM. 550-5.7.26 550-5.7.26 Authentication results:
550-5.7.26 DKIM = did not pass 550-5.7.26 SPF [xxxxxx.com] with ip:
[80.xxx.xxx.xxx] = did not pass 550-5.7.26 550-5.7.26 For instructions on setting up authentication, go to 550 5.7.26 https://support.google.com/mail/answ...authentication
xx = blanked out for post

Actually you need SPF and DKIM. I have DKIM, I think.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 03:07 PM   #19
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, my library is back.

Pity, though. I was already eagerly expecting some compensation plan.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:37 PM   #20
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, my library is back.

Pity, though. I was already eagerly expecting some compensation plan.
From Alphabetical Google?

Mine has appeared in the Desktop browser too!
Advert
Old 01-30-2024, 03:40 PM   #21
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninapedia View Post
I made an account because of this thread to chime in. I'm experiencing the same issue! Some additional information:

1. I was listening to my audiobook up until midnight (EST) last night. When I opened the app to continue this morning (around 8 am EST) it said I had exhausted my 'sample' and that my library was empty.

2. Like the others in the thread, the library is empty on both browser and the app. I can see all my past purchases in my purchase history, but they will not show up in my library even after I manually make the books visible.

3. I have a family library set up and other members of the library can see and access the books, including the ones I purchased.

4. I have spoken to google helpdesk via the chat function but the troubleshooting options they offered didn't provide results. They've had to escalate my case and will get back to me in 24 hours.

Couple of trouble shooting things they offered that will maybe help y'all:
- Clear the cache
- Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Remove the profile/account the books are connected to and then re-add the profile/account.
- Manually click 'make visible in library' option on purchase history - then hide them and make them visible again if that doesn't work
- reset GooglePlay app to factory settings and try all of the above again if that didn't work

TL;DR I'm experiencing the same issue. Google help desk doesn't currently have a solution that works for me so I'm waiting for my case to be 'escalated'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Those troubleshooting steps are completely useless. Clearly this is affecting lots of people on many different devices, so any cache-clearing, reinstalling etc won't do anything. The problem is on Google's end.
Not a perfect fit, but:
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/ind...:_Tech_Support
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 03:47 PM   #22
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Also now I can't send even a single email to any gmail address. Apparently was to be active from 1st Feb 2024, but I knew nothing till I got a bounce!

xx = blanked out for post

Actually you need SPF and DKIM. I have DKIM, I think.
They've been rolling it out for months.

I use a mail forwarding service, so now I have to authenticate at that service when I send to a gmail address instead of at my ISP even if I am using a CLI mail client on a server at my ISP.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:21 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
On Android, my Google Play library shows as empty. Using Firefox on my desktop, the library contents show and are downloadable.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:34 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Windows 11 and Firefox here. I had a look my Google Play library and all of my conetent is there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:55 PM   #25
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I checked on my phone and my library is back. Haven't had a chance to check the computer yet.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:57 AM   #26
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My book is back on google play books.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 08:03 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I was having trouble with YouTube with Firefox earlier today. I turned off but Ghostery and Adblocker Ultimate and YouTube was once again worked. For whatever reason, the problem is with Ghostery. So back on goes Adblocker Ulitimate which isnt causing any trouble.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 04:08 PM   #28
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery78 View Post
Hello....
"I've also been having troubles with Google Play Books. It's disappointing when a platform we rely on for reading escapes fails. Hopefully, they will resolve these issues shortly. In the meanwhile, I'm contemplating looking into other reading applications just in case. Let us pray for a swift remedy!"
Personally I don't rely on any platform for reading, only my eink devices. And I usually have more than one of those, in case one of them fails.

TL;DR Never rely solely on a single platform/retailer/app/device. Anything can and does happen. Always keep a backup.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:54 AM   #29
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Don't know if this is a related problem or not, but I can't download a pre-ordered book.

It's the release day today, and if I wanted, I could buy it afresh. But since I've pre-ordered it, I'm sort of expecting the status to change to Downloadable. It doesn't, and I can't read it or export it.

The Google Play help desk is completely useless and just says Wait 24 hours, without explaining why or trying to change anything. If I wanted, I could cancel the pre-order and buy it immediately, but I'd really like to know whether this is a feature of buying books on Google Play (this is my first pre-order).
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 07:07 AM   #30
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

You must be one of the few people that buys ebooks from Google Play.