Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2024, 05:17 PM   #16
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannymurrs View Post
I can't remember exactly how many books I had in my library before, so I can't say for sure I have every one back, but I don't see anything noticeably missing.
That's why you should always keep a backup copy (or several) of your library.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 06:48 PM   #17
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's why you should always keep a backup copy (or several) of your library.
Does Calibre have that function?
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2024, 07:06 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal Bhat View Post
Yes...But...
It is a FULL Export . It should really be (re)done any time you do a structural change (add or remove columns). This would be the first part of a Full restore)

After that, a speedier (more efficient use of resources) is an INCREMENTAL backup. That only updates things that have changed.

Some of us use Freefilesync in MIRROR MODE (Never do a 2 way on a calibre Library or let other than Calibre make changes.).
This backs up Books and the main metadata store (metadata.db)
Google drive is known to damage the Library (modifies the file structure), so never use that for a library backup.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:20 PM   #19
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
Ok, I found it. (Still familiarizing myself with this program.)

Ran it and I have part-0001.calibre-data in a dedicated folder. I hope that that is expected behavior.

If I click "export" again, do I get an option for Incremental, or is it always full?
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 09:14 PM   #20
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Ok, I found it. (Still familiarizing myself with this program.)

Ran it and I have part-0001.calibre-data in a dedicated folder. I hope that that is expected behavior.

If I click "export" again, do I get an option for Incremental, or is it always full?
No you won't.

Calibre's export/import feature was implemented to facilitate moving calibre data between computers ==>> How do I move my calibre data from one computer to another?

See also ==>> How do I backup calibre?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2024, 07:33 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
You would be better off using FreeFileSync to make a backup of your preferences and libraries. That way you wll only have to copy what's been changed since the first time you've done the backup.

When you use FreeFileSync, after you've done it the first time, you only have to copy anything that has changed or been added.

FreeFileSync is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.

https://freefilesync.org
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote