Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-28-2024, 05:42 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I guess I can try to see if implementing the login using a headless js browser and then copying the cookies will work, but so many moving parts...
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 08:18 AM   #17
jwhittin
Enthusiast
jwhittin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Oh dear, sounds fragile. But if you could, that would be really great. Happy to test it you need it.

Many thanks.
jwhittin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:44 AM   #18
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
this is just temporary. i dont know for how long this can work.. but it works for me, for this weeks edition.
Attached Files
File Type: recipe economist.recipe (13.6 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by unkn0wn; 04-28-2024 at 12:02 PM.
unkn0wn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 12:07 PM   #19
RobbieW
RobbieW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkn0wn View Post
this is just temporary. i dont know for how long this can work.. but it works for me, for this weeks edition.
I was missing pages in the UK section, this variant fixed that just now - thank you
RobbieW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 08:22 PM   #20
jwhittin
Enthusiast

Quote:
It works for me too. Many thanks unkn0wn.

I note that it produces a much smaller file than the normal recipe. What's the difference? (I've tried but can't really understand the recipe script) Also, FYI - it only seems to work for the current edition - I tried putting in last week's date on line 18 but it still brought up the current edition.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:03 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@unkn0wn: Nice find. I have updated the builtin recipes to use the GraphQL query to load the content, let's see if it continues to work next week. I have kept the old code around so if it does break next week we can still re-use it easily.

This, of course breaks downloading past editions, but I imagine to re-enable that we need to find the correct content_id give an edition date.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 10:46 PM   #22
jwhittin
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have updated the builtin recipes to use the GraphQL query to load the content
Just tested and works well for me. Many thanks Kovid.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:38 AM   #23
unkn0wn
Evangelist
unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.unkn0wn can do the Funky Gibbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I have kept the old code around so if it does break next week we can still re-use it easily.

This, of course breaks downloading past editions, but I imagine to re-enable that we need to find the correct content_id give an edition date.
That's why I didn't want to push this update. I was not sure if the link would work next week or even tomorrow and didn't want to lose old code.

i think there's a different query for past editions.. i'll try to find it, if this works for next weeks edition.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:19 PM   #24
Steven630
Groupie
Steven630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite2
Quote:
Hello. Economist Espresso recipe, which was a simplified version of Economist recipe, started to fetch only the first two paragraphs since yesterday. Would you please take a look? Thank you.

https://www.economist.com/the-world-in-brief

Last edited by Steven630; 05-01-2024 at 11:03 PM.
Steven630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 03:59 AM   #25
unkn0wn
Evangelist

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...c1e68b3ed201b0
Old 05-03-2024, 11:49 AM   #26
Steven630
Groupie

Quote:
Thank you.

There is a little bug with Economist recipe. The flytitle appears on a separate page before the h1 title(thus before the rest of the article) on my Kindle. Flytitle, h1 title, and rubric should be on the same page. I don't know why this happens.
Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM   #27
unkn0wn
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven630 View Post
Thank you.

There is a little bug with Economist recipe. The flytitle appears on a separate page before the h1 title(thus before the rest of the article) on my Kindle. Flytitle, h1 title, and rubric should be on the same page. I don't know why this happens.
idk maybe lower the font size and check if it re-adjusts.
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #28
Steven630
Groupie

Quote:
idk maybe lower the font size and check if it re-adjusts.
There's a page before the article with only flytitle followed by blank content (the entire page has only flytitle). The font size is small enough