Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 02-14-2023, 03:23 PM   #1
machuni
machuni began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Miscellaneous and Annotation Sync Missing in Calibre Viewer Content Server

Hello all, I'm running the up-to-date version of calibre on my desktop, as well as calibre in a docker container in a raspberry pi. Folders on both my desktop and raspberry pi are being synced with Sync-thing. I wanted a system that would let me sync my highlights and notes across devices (particularly because I like to access my books on my phone browser and browser at work).

My highlights and notes made on my desktop will sync to the docker calibre content-server accessed via the browser, but not vice versa. I think part of this is that the calibre viewer on my desktop has an option under "Miscellaneous" to keep a copy of annotations/bookmarks in the ebook file, but this option does not appear when accessing the calibre viewer via a browser. Is there some way to enable this setting so that my notes/highlights sync both ways? Thanks in advance!
machuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 09:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to sync between the brwoser viewer and the desktop viewer you need to set the value of the option "Content server user to sync bookmarks/highlights with" in the desktop viewer preferences under miscellaneous.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2023, 03:28 PM   #3
machuni
machuni began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you want to sync between the brwoser viewer and the desktop viewer you need to set the value of the option "Content server user to sync bookmarks/highlights with" in the desktop viewer preferences under miscellaneous.
Yes, but the miscellaneous tab doesn't exist in the browser viewer. It does exist in the desktop viewer. Is there anyway to have highlights from the browser viewer sync between different browsers? Or sync to the central content server?
machuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 07:48 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you use user accounts they are synced automatically. You dont need to do anything. If you dont use user accounts then no syncing is done.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote