Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2018, 07:28 PM   #16
nohandlebars
nohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas161 View Post
Any progress with this?

EDIT: Maybe this: http://wordpress.panaceas.org/wp/ind...acking-part-1/ could help.
I will be doing a write up about this for the Aura H2O this weekend, we have been trying to get it to work on Glo HD too but it freezes, looking through the link you posted I see "the only subtlety is that the width of the screen isn’t divisible by 16 so we modify it to use 8×8 CRCs." That would appear to be the solution there, don't know why I didn't see that before. I will have more time to look into in a few days but thanks for that. It will be possible on the Glo HD, just need to modify some sources.
nohandlebars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #17
Mario Levrero
No idea of what I'm doing
Mario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMario Levrero has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohandlebars View Post
I will be doing a write up about this for the Aura H2O this weekend, we have been trying to get it to work on Glo HD too but it freezes, looking through the link you posted I see "the only subtlety is that the width of the screen isn’t divisible by 16 so we modify it to use 8×8 CRCs." That would appear to be the solution there, don't know why I didn't see that before. I will have more time to look into in a few days but thanks for that. It will be possible on the Glo HD, just need to modify some sources.
I have tried your reddit scripts and I have the same problem on my Glo HD. There also seems to be a problem when trying to run stretch instead of jessie. When you try to enter the chroot, you get a "Fatal error: Kernel too old" message.

After a minute of googling I have found that this problem is caused by the glibc configuration, that does not support older kernels by default, so I will try compiling one myself.
Mario Levrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2018, 05:41 PM   #18
nohandlebars
nohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshesnohandlebars can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Levrero View Post
I have tried your reddit scripts and I have the same problem on my Glo HD. There also seems to be a problem when trying to run stretch instead of jessie. When you try to enter the chroot, you get a "Fatal error: Kernel too old" message.

After a minute of googling I have found that this problem is caused by the glibc configuration, that does not support older kernels by default, so I will try compiling one myself.
Yeah, I encountered the same problem trying with Stretch, if you could get that working it would be awesome!

Here is the tutorial for anyone else who stumbles on this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3688407
nohandlebars is offline   Reply With Quote